Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #15778
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

And that is why I am baffled by American Politics. As much as I think their system is flawed and ridiculous, it would work well enough if there wasn't such deeply entrenched partisanship that turned half the nation against anything proposed by the other side. Lincoln's "House Divided" speech is as applicable to the current anti-administration feelings as it was to slavery, and I cannot understand why it seems so unreasonable to come to a motherfucking compromise.

I hesitate the call America a democracy because it shits on the spirit of what I consider ideal democracy: That all people can voice their opinion, logically attack and defend their and their opponent's positions, and use mother fucking logic to come to a reasonable compromise. That first part is obviously impossible, so a representative democracy is needed, but it would work just as well if people would just stop thinking that there has to be an enemy. It's not "you" against "them," it's one mother fucking nation; fucking act like it.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (11-09-2012), Miburo (11-09-2012), Numinous (11-09-2012), UchihaTaijiya (11-09-2012)