Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #15781
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Yeah, we definitely have partisanship as well, but I think having more than two parties helps to lessen the effects of it. Ideally I would like to see parties done away with entirely or at least have less "you're in this party, so you have to vote this way." You can't have a real debate when there is force allegiance to a party.

I'd also like to see social media start reducing spending on campaigning. I know this would kind of fuck over old people, but I'd like to see just a single website as a database of candidates. You find your constituency, and it gives you a list of the candidates, information about them, links to their personal website or YouTube account or whatever. The database site could be the only government funded part of campaigning, and the candidates could just use freely available tools to express their platform and ideas.

And yes, the Senate is completely useless and should be abolished.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ACt (11-09-2012), Miburo (11-09-2012), Numinous (11-09-2012), UchihaTaijiya (11-09-2012)