Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #15794
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
It's because Madison was crazy afraid of mass-control, along with the ability of the government to do too much to suppress the people. Our system is so fragmented because it forces cohesion to make change, which is what he wanted: a slow moving process so that it would be difficult for both the people, and officials, to exploit it--checks and balances, and such.
Too bad parties thrived on the fragmentation rather than the attempt of cohesion.

Quote:
As much as I think all the crazies will herd together to attain a decent percentage in a PR-house system, I also think that the majority of voters aren't really far right or far left, but rather dangle somewhere close to the middle, having leanings one way or the other.
Well, both are somewhat correct. I'd say 80% of people are centrists or moderates, which leaves room for extremists to vote on a middle-of-the-road party and ensure seats for them, but the thing is I think the true crazies make up for 1% in a given extremity of the wings, so, if they voted on a party that truly expressed their convictions, they'd get at tops 1 seat on the government in some lousy department no one gives a shit about because the other parties wouldn't let that seat be of any relevancy.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Miburo (11-09-2012), Vanity (11-09-2012)