Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Citizens from 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #3
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Citizens from 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States

Only morons would want to secede a country in a time of financial turmoil. The chances of ending up poorer if not broke are too high for any reasonable person wanting to secede.

Also, so what if Texas would be the 15th largest economy in the world? Italy is the 8th and Spain the 12th and that doesn't help their situation in the least and they at least have the Euro. Texas would need a new currency that could be similar to the dollar at the start but then things like inflation, exports/imports balance and the fact that stock exchange markets are as fickle as a teenager could make or break Texas' economy. If I were Texas, I'd wait for global economy to get back on its feet before even thinking of secession.

If you're wandering why I only talk about Texas it's because it's the only state with any chance of actually seceding. All the other states would only have any chance if Texas seceded first.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
jericho Uzimaki (11-20-2012), Mal (11-12-2012)