Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Citizens from 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: Citizens from 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Hold your horses there, j_h, it's not because they have a good labor power than it'll suddenly make those states more desirable for the US than the others.
I understand what you're saying about the different states and their related debts and the contributions they make to the GDP. Take this into acct. Two of the three states you mentioned are the hardest hit states during the hurricane seasons, which over 75% of that debt comes from. Also, the majority of each state's contribution to the national GDP is not based on the financial sector nor real estate. It comes from industry, which is what put the U.S.A. as the number 1 economy way back when, and is the leading reason why China is about to overtake the U.S.A., if they haven't already.

Without going into a diatribe about the fallacies of the great country that I live in and am proud to be a citizen in, our leaders (not just the political ones) have decided to place the vast majority of their eggs into the information and intelligence proprieties. There is still a small sector of industry, hugely comprised of the auto, air, and defense sectors. Meanwhile, China has industry as being a huge factor of it's GDP, while India has a high information and intellgence sector, but also has an outlandish (customer) service sector. I also know that India has a growing industry sector, but to my knowledge, it is nowhere near the level of China or the U.S.

@ACt
Also, something is not adding up about that list. I just scrolled up and down and noticed that all of the states listed were on the same petition. The majority of the names that I actually read (not glanced at) where from TX, but I did notice that a few were from Alabama and Louisiana that I actually read.

This looks like a load of "crock" to put it nicely.

Last edited by jekyl_hyde; 11-12-2012 at 11:17 AM.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote