Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Citizens from 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Citizens from 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
I understand what you're saying about the different states and their related debts and the contributions they make to the GDP. Take this into acct. Two of the three states you mentioned are the hardest hit states during the hurricane seasons, which over 75% of that debt comes from.
First of all, blaming the hurricane season for the debt is skewed at best considering the three less desirable states I mentioned have debts related to hurricanes which represent 3% of Alabama's debt, 9% of Kentucky's and 8% of Mississippi's. The real debt from those states come from pensions (72% of Alabama's, 62% of Kentucky's and 56% of Mississippi's). You could say some of that pension debt is a byproduct of the hurricanes, but it's nigh impossible to trace the exact effect.

Second, how is the source of debt of any relevancy when we're dealing with hard, cold numbers? No matter the source, the reality is that Alabama, Kentucky and Mississippi are the least desirable of the states wanting to secede and would probably fuck themselves if they were successful.

Quote:
Also, the majority of each state's contribution to the national GDP is not based on the financial sector nor real estate. It comes from industry, which is what put the U.S.A. as the number 1 economy way back when, and is the leading reason why China is about to overtake the U.S.A., if they haven't already.
Sorry if this question sounds similar to the previous, but how's the source of GDP of any relevancy to what's being said? Again with actual facts, Alabama, Kentucky and Mississippi represent 2.99% of the US' GDP while Florida and New York, states you said would be preferable to kick off, represent 12.88% of the national GDP.

Quote:
Without going into a diatribe about the fallacies of the great country that I live in and am proud to be a citizen in, our leaders (not just the political ones) have decided to place the vast majority of their eggs into the information and intelligence proprieties. There is still a small sector of industry, hugely comprised of the auto, air, and defense sectors. Meanwhile, China has industry as being a huge factor of it's GDP, while India has a high information and intellgence sector, but also has an outlandish (customer) service sector. I also know that India has a growing industry sector, but to my knowledge, it is nowhere near the level of China or the U.S.
Actually, US' economy slip and China's rise is NOT about which sector is being favored in the GDP, is from what measures the governments made. 40% of China's GDP comes from public investments and 45% from savings vs the US' 15% and 12% respectively. India also has similar figures to China, 36% on investments and 33% on savings.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (11-12-2012), Playa (11-13-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (11-14-2012)