Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Citizens from 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: Citizens from 15 states have filed petitions to secede from the United States

@Num
I started to respond, and realized that my response was over the allotted 10,000 characters, so I'm simply going to say this. The source of the debts is relevant, because it shows which states do a better job of handling their budgets.

As far as the GDP is concerned, it pertains to tangibleness. The manufacturing sector is tangible to the layman (in a democratic, capitalistic state), even if it is only minuscale. Real estate is tangible usually to the uber-rich. Meanwhile, intellectual property is never tangible.

Look at Greece, and then look at the U.S. In the past, real estate was a huge factor with the U.S.'s GDP. It has been decreasing ever since the housing bubble burst. Why? During the housing bubble, real estate became tangible to the layman. So much so, that many laymen over-exerted themselves and bought 2nd homes and investment properties. Once the housing bubble popped, that tangibleness was gone, and those that over-exerted themselves... well, we all know how they fared.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote