Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto 612 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #83
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto 612 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
That's like saying Twilight is being released but lots of other books aren't being made into movies, that must mean Twilight is better, right?

Bullshit.

OP is awesome, but always overrated. Alabasta arc was far too long, the start of it would make me kill myself if I didn't have 100 chapters to read at once. Thriller bark was also bad. Morria is a horrible villain.

Definitely agree with Vengeance that the arcs are far too dragged in most cases and have some totally useless chapters.

As far as Shounen standards go, OP is a great manga, but FMA is better, and so is probably HxH.

Naruto and HxH have the best fights. There is no argument there, because Naruto works on a good system, like HxH. Well, used to work.
Sure OP is overrated but its because unlike some of the top shonen manga, they didn't just decide to shut down camp in the near future and put the middle finger up to they're viewership. With Naruto Kishi just seemingly quit and wanted to move on to the Baseball Diaries, whilst Kubo just seemed tired and wore out of shit to add to his plot worthwile anymore.

About OP, yes Alabasta was too long but considering SH's powerlevels at that point, understandable, and there were some things there that'll be pivotal in the future, so it was a set up arc. Even pivotal characters like Vivi, didn't actually 'hit they're stride' up to what they will eventually become.

Ussopps at the beginning as well was too long for me, and Thriller Bark not my fav, but Zoro had one of the best parts in the manga to date with Kuma, additionally it was necessary for the Brook situation IMHO.

My only point, OP (at least to date) seemingly is following the pattern of DB, and DBZ, whereas the author/producers are fully, and happilly invested in they're entire project, and don't take the obvious gambles, and the quickest solution to 'create' a following. Thats why OP is one of the few mangas where fans can like the lead characters for things other than simple powerlevels, but for they're personalities that a lot of time has been spent building with most characters in the story. Its long winded, but it gives the characters substance and originality from each ones own perspective, and not only SH's but general characters as well. The artwork leaves stuff to be desired, but it wasn't built off a Deathnote platform where visually things were so important, because the story has more depth for individual characters than that series IMHO.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote