Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto 612 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #104
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: Naruto 612 Discussion

Quote:
It's not an oversimplification of the scene, it's rather a dissection of it from an objective point of view.
A shitty attempt at one. He is clearly dismissing all the set up and elements at play here which I won't go into again.

Quote:
you're rationalizing a scene with arguments that aren't really that relevant (like Zoro being stubborn).
Really ? You too ?

Quote:
It may seem cold and crude, but the truth is Oda lured the reader with a sacrifice and didn't deliver.
Sigh...

Quote:
Yes, why do you ask? When it comes to character's death or literary lure to it, I'm on the side of letting them die, no matter how big the name or how it'd good to have them still alive. Of course the exception, as I said before, is when it's used for gag purposes, like Bon Kurei and his "Okamas don't die!" exclamation.
Personal opinion, skipping that.

Quote:
How would you feel if those who died in Marineford would get the scenes they had but later they'd be like "lol, fooled ya, we're still alive!"?
Apples and oranges.

Quote:
That's why I hope Sabo doesn't appear alive anytime soon, since it would strip his flashback of its emotional impact.
Already confirmed dead by Oda.

Quote:
Yes, it'd be a bummer to not have Zoro around, but the scene could be used much later in the manga and just slap the reader with raw emotion instead of being a pretty scene that delivered too little.
No offense but you are looking at it in the same manner that Shrike did.

" Zoro no die, wut ? LOL !!! "

I won't repeat what that scene was meant to accomplish again, you can go back and read if you want. It also baffles me that you'd rather have a cut and dry character than what we got with Kuma.

With that I'm done with this topic.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote