Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Bleach 520
Thread: Bleach 520
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #15
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Bleach 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
He was referring to Ichigo prior, but what we're shown with Ichigo don't reflect that statement. He never touches his hand.

It instead matches Renji. After Tenjirou punches him in the gut, there's a giant splash in the water and yet he's still standing there, cockily asking how wasn't he sent flying away.
He was referring to Ichigo based on the panel that said "Especially that kid Ichigo, which was the panel right before the first panel on the next page. The moment he was hit with my punch...". He never changed the topic to Renji, otherwise he would've said "Renji". Also, look at the last statement on the page you keep referring to. Ichigo is the only one that was brought to the Spirit King's realm for a reason other than healing beyond Unohana's skills.

As for your "he never touches his hand" Tenjirou pointed out that he was known for his speed and Ichigo just punked him with a fast, light counter.

All Renji did was show he was healed enough to go with Ichigo to find the thing that's supposed to heal their bankai.

Quote:
He then notices Renji's hand trembling.
That was due to Renji's injuries not being fully healed. He took a hit, put on a brave face, and his arm still twitched from his injuries. And before you counter with "You just said he was healed" I said "healed enough to go with Ichigo".

Quote:
Combined with Tenjirou's statement, it'd seem like Renji was sent flying into the water, but immediately flash stepped back to the fist.
Again, reread the panels in order. Bottom left of the page I linked is the final panel of that page. The Top right of the next page is panel 1 for that page. Ichigo is the subject of Tenjirou's statement, not Renji. The splash is from Tenjirou's flash-step charge and punch.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Senkradlol (12-12-2012)