Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #177
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientia View Post
I'm planning to watch it really soon. I've heard some hype about it. Really just from you and my uncle- and from some other random websites, but still you two in general have tastes in the same ballpark as my own (being really general here, but it still means something), so I'm hyped for it. I also have the Sopranos on my list but I'll see if/how I can make time for it, fuckin' college.
You shouldn't watch the Wire for explosive and fast paced story and action. It's a show which is as realistic as they come, so don't judge it from it's first episode and let the plot develop. The characters are amazing. I am sure that, by the end of first season you will be amazed by the quality and by the end of the series you will be like: "best tv show ever".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientia View Post
True Blood is decent for me. It's not really terrible or great. I think of it like I think of Naruto before the timeskip: Entertaining enough when first reading/watching it. But it'll most likely not get any rereads/rewatches from me (despite the fact that I've reread Naruto before- but that's kind of how I know True Blood's in the same boat). That includes the first season as well. What you described as good is still just "decent" for me. Just finished watching the 5th season. I still feel the same about it (Eric Northman- Viking Vamp is pretty cool, though, gives the show a little bonus).
I dunno, TB's first season had more good things than bad things, so I say it's good, but I am actually in the same boat as you - it's decent. Later, the bad things start overwhelming the good by a huge margin, and thus, the fourth season was horrendous for me. Not that there weren't moronic things happening before, but at least it was entertaining enough at the time.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Scientia (12-22-2012), TheBaron (12-23-2012)