Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto 615
Thread: Naruto 615
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #89
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
Meh. Obito was always the most obvious option. No other Uchiha was really that crippling to the manga with Tobi's clear shenanigans.
Fixed for accuracy. Obito was always the best option? Hah, only if you're a complete dumbass who can't smell a good writing opportunity when it approaches. Even Tobi=Nobody would be miles ahead of what happened simply because it wouldn't try to fix the timeline with a rusty hammer just to crack it in other places and, most baffling of all, making one of the two human villains left the poster child of letting the cock speak louder than the brain.

Seriously, Tobi=Obito was bad. It was VERY bad.

Quote:
I agree with everything you said Num. And everyone knows I'm a huge NaruHina fan. But I do have to say " Tobito" proves leaps of logic are acceptable, even fucking canon, in this manga.
But here's the thing: Kishimoto gave away his MO for long-term mysteries with Tobi=Obito. All he does is make the main dish obvious, serve a red herring to make people forget about it and BAM, main dish is served again. While the red herring of Tobi made much more sense than the actual canon (which shouldn't happen with good writers, but I digress), NaruHina is not the red herring here, NaruSaku is.

If you notice, NaruSaku can only exist without Sasuke but, as irony willed it, can't exist without Sasuke. Let me explain: NaruSaku as a pairing was at its peak during early Part II, when Sasuke wasn't around, but the thing is Sasuke was the goal for both Naruto and Sakura in that time (and maybe for the same reason, but again I digress). That's why the Promise of a Lifetime was crucial for NaruSaku, because the fans thought that, once Naruto got back Sasuke, Sakura would realize she loved the guy who was at her side and busted his ass for her and not the cool guy. Enter Sakura's lolconfession and, if Naruto seeing through Sakura's bullshit wasn't enough, he downright threw the Promise of a Lifetime out of NaruSaku's arguments and, once you remove the core argument, you pretty much have a dead pairing. Of course NaruSaku still grasped itself to the straws of parallels and the premise that Sakura would "see the light", but both 540 and 615 chewed many, if not all, of those straws.

Meanwhile, NaruHina only had positive construction as a pairing and, even more importantly, none of the arguments made for that pairing were deconstructed. It's really simple, NaruSaku's ship sunk and can't even use Tobi=Obito to surface since the ship was the equivalent of Tobi=Madara.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote