Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto 616 Prediction Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #100
Encon Uchiha
Making a Naruto timeline

Encon Uchiha will become famous soon enoughEncon Uchiha will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto 616 Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
I'd blame the lack of graphemes by the language itself. For example, European Portuguese has 18 vowel sounds and has 17 graphemes to represent them (16 native plus the y for foreign words). American English has more than 20 vowel sounds and only 7 graphemes for them, so those graphemes have to do gymnastics to fit the damn sounds.

Just for a practical comparison, the same grapheme, o, is the most flexible of the graphemes in Portuguese and only codes for 5 sounds (ɔ, o, ɯ, õ, ʊ) while in English it codes for 6 (ɑ, ɒ, ɔ, ʌ, oʊ, o) alone plus 3 (ʊ, u, a) when combined. So it's no wonder there are countless dialects in the US alone.

I'm yet to see a language that is immune to regionalisms and homophones/homographs, etc. But the king of fucking up for words sounding alike has to be Japanese, English is very tame in comparison.
What DONT you know ?? You seem like one who learns everything about anything.How old are you?

btw guys, when is the next chapter coming out?

............../´¯/)........... (\¯ `\
............/ ....//..............\\....\
.........../....// ................\\....\
...../´¯/..../´¯\..... ....../¯`\....\¯`\
.././.../..../..../.|_..... ._|.\....\....\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.).. )..(..(.\....)....)....).) )
.\................\ /.../....\...\/............... .../
..\.......... ....... /........\.................... /
....\........... ...(............)............. .. ./
......\...... .......\.........../.......... . .../
Encon Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote