Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gun Me
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #18
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Well, business that profit from shooting ranges could benefit a lot from gun control. People want to fire a kickass gun? They'd just have to pay a fee and have fun in a secure place.

But I agree with the rest of your post and I do have to say that my family owns an hunting rifle and I've seen it being employed for sport, so don't think I'm anti-guns, I'm only in favor of a sensible use of them.
There are shooting ranges like that already, but so far the limitation is that only red states (meaning heavily Republican, like Arizona, Texas, and so on) allow the bigger, awesomerest weapons. You won't see a California shooting range that allows any magazine that goes over fifteen, and that kind of puts a damper on things. But that also illustrates my point about federal laws about guns instead of individual states. I think it's kind of silly and dangerous that I can buy an automatic weapon in Arizona, where I go to school, can easily smuggle it into California, where I live, but not be able to shoot it anywhere legally. Either make it so that I can legally own automatic weapons (now, nothing extreme like any Kalashnikovs, but maybe an MP5 or something {with, of course, a magazine within reason}) or make it so that you can't have any automatic weapons anywhere. And believe me, I know it sounds crazy that I would want one over the other, but that's where my beliefs are.

Yeah, in a perfect world, all guns should be used for their intended purposes, like hunting or self-defense. Instead, people are dicks, and so we need more control over said dicks getting high powered, high-capacity weaponry.