Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gun Me
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #19
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Tactical Response CEO Threatens To 'Start Killing People' Over Possible Obama Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post

No, you're the one out of your mind considering the fallacies you committed:
  • "especially those that own guns, legally mind you" reeks of No True Scotsman fallacy. You think that all gun-related felons acquired their guns illegally? No, many of them acquired their guns in the most legal of ways and that didn't stop them from committing said felonies. So you can't separate the felons from the law-abiding under that criteria
Just to elaborate on your point a bit further, I'm gonna leave this here. I'd really like Jekyl_Hyde to try to defend what happens in that video.

Let's face the cold hard facts. Most people honestly don't give a fuck what someone does with something they sell. I hate to put it like that, but it's true of most things people do. Most times people tell themselves "Well it's not my fault what other people do.", and while that's is true to some extent, it still makes them the enablers of what happens later on. People selling .50 caliber weapons off the back of a pick-up truck to people who flat out say they probably couldn't pass a background check, is simply inexcusable. And still the people selling the weapons honestly don't worry about the outcome. Why not you ask? Well, why would they worry! It's not like they have anything to worry about. I mean, even if the weapons they bought are used in a serious crime, it's not likely the cops would do anything to the seller anyway. It's simply too much trouble to trace back the sales of a gun that was paid in cash in a random parking lot, from a random guy off the internet, who's name was either never known or long forgotten.

I'm all in favor of registering guns. I own 4 myself, and have no problem letting Uncle Sam know that I do so, if it means all the other fucktards out there have to do likewise. Perhaps with an actual paper trail to connect people to the guns they own, (and stiff penalties for illegally selling them) they won't be so eager to sell firearms to random people they met on the internet.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
kael03 (01-14-2013), Numinous (01-15-2013)