Fandom Forums - View Single Post - One piece 697
Thread: One piece 697
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: One piece 697

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
I thought at first the barrel there on the floater was filled with dynamite..

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/697/17

but nothing happened?!
It wasn't dynamite at all. It was a smoke signal. That's how DD noticed the ship. He just stomped the barrel out from frustration over his conversation with Law.

I really don't think DD got degraded all that much this chapter. People seem to point out that in the past he's had a "don't give a fuck" attitude. I would point out that in the past he also didn't have any real liabilities to deal with either. As a Warlord he's had almost complete immunity from the WG to do what he wants. Now he's faced with losing that. In addition his alliance with Kaido is a relatively new thing that seems to have only been in place a couple years at most. Until now he's had no threat to it either. So yeah, his back is against the ropes here. His reaction is perfectly normal.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote