Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice
1. They aren't at the Uzumaki spot anymore, they went into the secret underground part of the Naka shrine.
... and when did I say they were still at the Uzumaki spot? I said "room", I didn't say nothing more. You should really check what people are writing instead of assuming.
Whereas in 118, they were summoned on the rooftop of a large building while the village was under siege.
2. "Holy crap! A fourth!? Splendid! The village has endured for quite some time it seems!"
"I can't really confirm that..."
They're not aware. At all.
... and here's where you forget four things:
- The rooftop was sealed inside a barrier that was visually obfuscating, so they didn't have a clear sight of their surroundings
- There's no piece of dialog in 118 indicating they were aware of things outside the barrier except what Hiruzen was telling them, so saying their perception is somehow different is skewed at best.
- Hello, Juubi/Naruto chakra intense enough for 4 non-sensor ninjas (at least in the form they were presented) to pick up but they don't? Kind of odd, don't you think?
- For fuck's sake, they were summoned out of what they thought was impossible for anyone to do so in the damn Naka Shrine that all Hokage should at least be aware of and they jumped the gun on Orochimaru, thinking he'd use them again to destroy Konoha. How is this so significantly different for Hashirama going from behaving in a cool demeanor in the first instance and cracking it up in the second?
Instead of dancing around the issue with logical bends and plain forgetting stuff, I think it's more logical to assume Kishimoto is human and simply forgot how he characterized Hashirama before and patched it up. Get this on your head, I really don't care if Hashirama is OOC or not, because he had little characterization to begin with, I just pointed out that Hashirama could be considered acting OOC based on Wolverine's comment. That's it. I'm much more concerned about the spamming of love and dilution of the complexity of the Uchiha clan's "curse" in this chapter than Hashirama not acting like he acted before.