Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Yonkou_Power_Levels
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #21
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Yonkou_Power_Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
I doubt Shanks beat Kaidou, he most probably only made him retreat just by showing up. Kaidou (or anyone for that matter) wouldn't risk fighting another Yonkou (even if Shanks was weaker then he is, and we all know he isn't) because losing many if not all of his forces for a goal which isn't nearly worth it would be ludicrous. He just wanted to grab the spoils of war for free basically, but when Shanks showed up he just pulled back, like anyone would do.
Considering no one in Shanks crew seemed even remotely injured, I have to agree with you. I think the meeting between them was more of a stare down than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
That would be a pretty good scene to visit at some point in the future to see what happened in that encounter prior to Shanks arriving at Marineford. Because it was mentioned that the WG were shitting their pants at a possible team-up between Whitebeard and Shanks, that would have tipped the scale of the balance of power and Kaidou intercepted Shanks probably for that same fear.
Actually I think Kaido was on his way to Marineford anyhow. I think he was planning on attacking any of WB's crew that did manage to escape Marineford.

My theory on this matter is that everybody pretty much assumed WB had no chance against the marines on his own, and that his defeat was a forlorn conclusion. Kaido's plan was to go mop up any survivors he could, which is a smart move on his part. If it had worked and he intercepted the WB pirates as they were escaping from marines, there's do doubt he could have crushed them. Just take out Marco Jozu, and Vista, and there's really nobody left that could lead the crew.

However Shanks, who was also heading towards the War, had to intercept him. I believe when faced with the decision of having to fight Shanks, Kaido backed down for strategic reasons. I have to disagree with Shrike about Kaido being the stronger opponent though. I'm going with Shanks. Either way it doesn't matter. Even If Kaido had beat Shanks, he and his crew would have taken so many losses that they wouldn't have any advantage when they did show up and Marineford. And even if they had fought the remains of WB's crew and won, they would have taken even more losses, and by the time they got back to the NW Big Mam would have taken half his territory and he'd be too weak to do anything about it.

ask me anything is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Shrike (02-15-2013)