Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Yonkou_Power_Levels
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #23
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: Yonkou_Power_Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
I honestly believe if WB was a bit younger and less sick he would have comr out on top. Their objective first and foremost was the retrieval of Ace so WB took in consideration that he would have to get hit by some of Sengoku's surprise tactics. Then there was the wild card in the form of Akainu with his underhanded schemes. Had this been a straight up war where rescuing Ace wadn't a concern WB would probably wouldn't need to restrain himself and would have gone wild quake bashing everything to hell.
You have to take into that account that the Marines were restricted as well. I actually think that if both sides went all out that WB would lose even worse. The Admirals held back because they had too many allies in the area. If there wasn't any of the people who are less then VA level, Akainu would magma fisted half the island and Aokiji's Ice Age would pretty much cover everything. Kizaru also could shoot without needed to aim steadily and just blast everything to hell. Add to that the Shichibukai who really do want to fight and WB is pretty much done. If Mihawk, DD or Boa fought to their fullest potential, I am sure WB's forces would have been wiped out a lot faster.

Sure, WB alone is the strongest (well, minus Garp probably), but the Marine side had more powerful individuals overall. As AMA said, without Marco, Jozu and maybe Vista, there is nobody that can stand up to the top tiers of the Maries.

And now add to that Sengoku and Garp who is fighting seriously against WB without having Ace and Luffy to hold him back so much. I mean, Garp was pretty much Roger level, which means he was at least on part with WB.

Yeah, WB would have lost badly there anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Considering no one in Shanks crew seemed even remotely injured, I have to agree with you. I think the meeting between them was more of a stare down than anything else.
Yeah, Kaido was like : so you want to interfere too. Fuck it, I am heading back. No need to lose men over this.

Quote:
Actually I think Kaido was on his way to Marineford anyhow. I think he was planning on attacking any of WB's crew that did manage to escape Marineford.
Yeah, and even if WB was victorious, he would have been greatly weakened and Kaido would anyway take the spoils by killing his remaining forces.

Quote:
However Shanks, who was also heading towards the War, had to intercept him. I believe when faced with the decision of having to fight Shanks, Kaido backed down for strategic reasons. I have to disagree with Shrike about Kaido being the stronger opponent though. I'm going with Shanks. Either way it doesn't matter. Even If Kaido had beat Shanks, he and his crew would have taken so many losses that they wouldn't have any advantage when they did show up and Marineford. And even if they had fought the remains of WB's crew and won, they would have taken even more losses, and by the time they got back to the NW Big Mam would have taken half his territory and he'd be too weak to do anything about it.
I did not say that Kaido is stronger then Shanks. I said "even if he was, and we all know he isn't", check my post again. With the rest I agree normally.

Last edited by Shrike; 02-15-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-15-2013)