Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto 620
Thread: Naruto 620
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #170
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto 620

Quote:
"during their battle" speaking of madara and hashirama's... and "to better aid hashirama"...
Obviously pointing out that during their battle, hashirama gained control of the kyuubi, but in order to aid him... Mito sealed it within her own body...
I fucking knew it. Even disregarding your obvious flunk at separating clauses within a phrase that anyone with a brain would see, I have the original Japanese!

Here's the raw.

And here's the kanji for you to translate if you want to do so:

...その戦いで九尾を手にした初代柱間様の力になるため

ミト様は封印術で己の中に九尾を封印し九尾の人柱力なった

I don't even have to translate the whole thing, I'll tackle those precise words you base your argument on.

• "During that battle"
The original japanese, その戦い (sono tatakai) means "in that battle". So that "during".... doesn't exist! It simply says that Hashirama got an hold of the Kyuubi in the VotE battle, not that what is being said after that piece of info happened during it.

• "To better aid Hashirama"
Guess what, not in the original Japanese! 力になるため (chikara ni naru tame) means "in order to gain [Kyuubi's] power", meaning the Mito didn't seal the Kyuubi in herself to help Hashirama, but to harness the power as a Jinchuuriki.

So yeah, your argument is both based on your lack of reading skills and taking literally words which weren't at all in the original Japanese. Just for curiosity's sake, here's the kanji I posted translated.

"... in that fight, the First, Hashirama-sama, got an hold on the Kyuubi and, in order to gain its power, Mito-sama used Fuuinjutsu to seal the Kyuubi inside her, becoming the Kyuubi's Jinchuuriki"

Edit: and before the biased claims of "lol, ur translations are BS", looky here, a scanlation that practically says the same! I wanna see your counterargument to that, biatch!

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 02-15-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-15-2013), gizmox (02-15-2013), kael03 (02-15-2013), MR VSU (02-15-2013), NeoKakarott023 (02-15-2013), Vengeance (02-16-2013)