Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto_622
Thread: Naruto_622
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 AM   #20
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Naruto_622

Words fail me for how bad I think this chapter is. It's a little jarring when you build up a character to be some kind of sadistic, all-powerful psychopath and turns out he was a goofy little brat and matures rather quickly, in this case Madara. So, now Kishimoto has the fun task of explaining what makes Madara go all warpath on everybody while satisfying the fans (spoiler, explanation's gonna suck and only ardent fanboys are gonna eat that shit up). Hashirama... Not sure how to feel about that. I get that he's supposed to be real mature since kids are dying and all, but I can't help but think it's rushed. I think that's the problem with this flashback. It's trying to cover way too much ground. It'd be better if it took a Kakashi Gaiden route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
Hey there boys and girls, what's happening here is called In Medias Res. The flashback started smack dab in the middle of the action before moving into the actual beginning of the flashback (and it will subsequently build up back into the action). This is a relatively common fucking thing. It's not inherently shitty writing, it's not actually badly paced at all yet.
Problem is, Kishimoto used in medias res in a poor manner. Personally, if I was going to pull this crap, I'd show a little of the Madara/Hashirama battle, probably up to the point where Kyuubi was covered with Susano'o, then have Hashirama go, "THIS REMINDS ME OF THAT ONE TIME" and then cut to the flashback. That way, when the kids are done talking like grown-ups, we can cut back to the battle of epic proportions and show the audience how much the characters are supposed to have grown between then and now.

As it is, this flashback is just dragging its feet. Oh, so there's a third brother aaand look at that, he's crying and dead already because kids are teh suck at war! Oh, and the Uchiha killed him, faaantastic, not like we saw any of this coming. Just skip the bullshit and show us what we need to know and get back to Hashirama's explanation to Sasuke about whatever so we can carry on with this terrible manga.
-SassyLady- (02-27-2013), ACt (02-27-2013), ask me anything (02-27-2013), Emissary of Justice (02-27-2013), jekyl_hyde (02-27-2013), Numinous (02-27-2013), Pritha (02-27-2013), Sagensyg (02-27-2013), stubborn_d0nkey (02-28-2013)