Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto_622
Thread: Naruto_622
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #48
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto_622

@ KYF: why cut back to the "battle we have been waiting for" if the average reader has no decent connection to the characters that take part of it? Yes, Kishi's handling of the pace and framing of the flashback has been clumsy, but for the first fucking time ever since he was introduced, Madara was a character and not some two-dimensional twat throwing boring boasts and cry about how good the old days were. Sure, some of his characterization was tied in with Kishi's awkward humor of late, but it's something, not the barren nothing Madara was before.

And I'll be honest: I don't care about Godzilla-level of fighting since it's fucking boring. It's pretty much about who produces the flashiest attack and not a proper fight with parrying wits and strategy. So when the author finally offers the choice between a boring, fast-paced flashy fight and a slow flashback giving insight to an era we've all wondering about, I'll take the later without a second thought. And for once in many months I actually enjoyed reading every speech bubble and taking a close look at every panel instead of going "ugggh" and skip a chunk of the pew pew pew and wooden dialog that plagues the more recent chapters.

Adding to that, I'm incredibly pleased about how well-thought Hashirama and Madara's friendship is compared to what should be the prominent one (Naruto and Sasuke's). We actually see them talk with each other about their hopes and woes like friends would do, unlike Naruto and Sasuke who share a bond based on who's dick is biggest. Furthermore, their friendship and how it'll break reminds me of the Fox and the Hound, which is a lot stronger in narrative than Naruto hyperventilating over his Sasuke-kun.

That said, you can prefer battles to actual characterization and plot if that's your preference, but it'll only make you look like a tween boy who only reads comics for the pictures.

PS: har har har, gay ad hominem. Gee, you must be the innovator of whatever hick town you live in for employing a dead horse of a personal insult and expect it to work! I'm just ticked off by your need of attacking me personally instead of my arguments, but whatever. If the thought of me bedding dudes is what gets you off, suit yourself, but keep it to yourself and find a goddamn argument in its place.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (03-03-2013), kael03 (02-27-2013)