Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto_641
Thread: Naruto_641
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #16128
catilena1890
I ran outta fucks to give

catilena1890 will become famous soon enoughcatilena1890 will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto_641

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
It's only natural for all things to be improvements on the stuff that came before it. That's how our modern level of technology and scientific advancement came to be after all. If you're in a specific field of study (like medicine for example) and you take the knowledge learned from your professors, and later the doctors you work with during your residency, and then apply that knowledge to new and innovative procedures then that's all fine and dandy. Just acknowledge all the people who helped you get to where you are today.

In Minato's case, he has from the very beginning, taken credit for all of his jutsus. FTG was supposed to be something he created himself. Death God Jutsu was proclaimed by 3rd hokage to be Minatos tech also. Nothing to the contrary has been mentioned in over 600+ chapters, and now we the reader are supposed to accept these new jutsu origins without and complaints. No! I'm sorry but that's just bad writing, and terrible ass pulls to make irrelevant people seem relevant.

Doesn't it raise the question of why Tobirama wasn't widely known for his version on FTG. If he was so l33t then shouldn't he have gone down in the history books for such legendary skills. You see what I mean? If the history books of konoha haven't already recognized him for these skills in the past then why are they SUPER DUPER impressive now?!

Keep White Knighting your favorite character KY. Only you would defend such horrible writing, and essentially dismiss the premiss of strength through hard work, in favor of a character that is a cum dumpster full of broken techniques.

What's your point? That naruto is just as horrible a character as his dad?! If so, then yeah. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
I see your point, in that case, yes, it is very terrible writing. The only reason I can think of for shoving Minato down our throats and shafting the other Kage was to make it painfully obvious that Minato was Naruto's dad so that the fandom wouldn't see the official confirmation as an asspull. It didn't work, but it's a theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
Using that logic, then you knock the FRS and the Raikiri, which is expansions/alterations of a current jutsu that is a knockoff. It depends on how you look at it. Expanding/altering a jutsu... is that original or tom-foolery?

Ah... to reminisce of part 1 stories that have long been forgotten by the author.
It is what it is. I'm not complaining about the lack of "original" Jutsu, I was merely pointing out that there really AREN'T any Jutsus that don't have some sort of established base from a previous one. I misunderstood the point that was being made and forgot that all of Minato's techniques were reported to be his and his alone, with his son taking up the mantle. As that isn't the case, my argument is pretty moot, isn't it?

And lawl, I don't think Kishimoto's memory goes past the last 10 chapters or so. There are soooo many plotholes in the manga it's laughable, and I don't doubt for a second that we're the only ones who remember everything from part 1, or that I'm the only one who cares enough to bring it up.

catilena1890 is offline   Reply With Quote