Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Devil Fruit Rarity
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #14
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Devil Fruit Rarity

On a similar topic about DF's: I don't think the chance of finding one is all that great. It seems to me like there are only a finite amount of them in the world and their doesn't seem to be a natural process to make more. I base this on the fact that we haven't yet seen 2 different people with the same DF power at the same time. You would think if there were some kind of tree out there that produced these DF's that many (perhaps dozens or hundreds) of a certain fruit would exist in the world, and many people would be running around with Mera Mera fruits.

Given that each fruit supposedly regenerats itself after it's user dies, the quantity of that DF would never ever decrease over time as well. Only increase. That means over the countless history that these fruits have existed more would keep being made while the older fruits would just keep coming back again, and the world would be littered with millions of them, making then not rare at all.

That's why I believe there is only 1 of each fruit and though there may be thousands of different varieties, the true reason of them being rare is that the majority of people who eat them take to the seas (either as pirates or people that hunt them) and congregate toward the GL and NW, where slain victims have the fruits stolen by other like minded people. Thus the chances of these fruits ever making its way back to the 4 blues are rare in deed.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote