Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto 643
Thread: Naruto 643
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,582 Times in 2,261 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiIsTheBest View Post
@AOTKorby It's funny because now you're turning this argument into an argument about KYF. And you say I'm the one kissing ass. That's very funny considering you just wrote a paragraph about how everyone loves Numinous and how everything he writes is amazing. Just because I added a part about what I think of Num doesn't mean I'm kissing KYF's ass. They're both wrong for not ignoring each other. And don't say that everyone agrees with Num and that no one would call him an idiot. There are already a couple of people here that don't like him and that's in a forum of around 15 people. He's a hypocrite because he thinks that other people are idiots for not thinking how he thinks which is just dumb.
One, again, not what hypocrisy means. Hypocrisy is holding oneself to a different standard than others, not having a different opinion than them. Two, wow you're just obsessed with putting words in peoples' mouths huh. "Everyone loves Numinous and everything he writes is amazing" where the fuck did you get that? Where exactly in anything I said did "Numinous is completely infallible" enter the picture? "Already a couple people here that don't like him?" One, please cite for me where I said everyone adores everything about Num. Please do that. Two, don't count yourself and the new guy who don't have years of experience actually talking to him and being part of a community with him. I can't speak for him (as you seem to love doing) but far as I'm aware even KYF doesn't actually hate Numinous.

Do you really think that everyone whom you're convinced is so self-centered and arrogant actually believes anyone who ever disagrees with them must be a drooling moron? How do you think civil discussion, which nearly everyone except you has been involved in at one point or another here, happens if shit like that were the case?

Quote:
Now, you say Num only replies to KYF? Well, look at this:

http://www.fandom.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=11

11th post of the thread. Does this look like a reply? He brought back a theory a long time ago.
I wasn't aware "still on the front page from less than 2 weeks beforehand" was a long time ago. Because it's not. A long time ago would be like going back and ragging on HR for the Naruto=Senju shit from at least more than a year ago at this point. Which no one has any interest in doing because that would be ridiculous.

"Oh and KYF's theory was proven wrong, so his thread is doubly useless."
So being based on a theory posted by KYF and merely stating that the chapter in some way confirmed the theory false (without any of the flame that your argument against the guy hinges on) is not a response in any way. That's what you're saying. In which case, I guess everything in this board isn't somehow a response to the manga itself since it's not being published in Jump amirite? I mean, all the posts are in some way being made as a result of the manga and they are, for the most part, about the manga and what happens in it. But they aren't in the same place, and they're being made after the chapter comes out. So obviously not a response.

Quote:
Oh yeah and just because Numinous has a red labelled nametag doesn't mean he isn't one of the reasons the mods left. Maybe they subconsciously got annoyed by the repetitiveness of all the arguments. All I see is KYF-Num-KYF-*random user*-Num-KYF-*random user* on all the threads. It's also sad because some of the random users have intellectual things to say in between all the insults that Num and KYF say.
Again, holy shit why do you think you know these people better than people who actually know them?

Quote:
Why do people put up with people that act all high and mighty? That's just how life works. Also, he might not have been like this before and he only started being like this after he got the red tagged name (maybe).
Or it could be that you're wrong. Always a possibility.

Quote:
You turned this into a Num kiss ass thread. My main argument was that KYF and Num should ignore each other and that Num (to me) has a self centered personality. I didn't say anything positive about KYF either so don't even try saying I'm kissing KYF's ass. If you look at my sig, you can see that a lot of people on this forum seem to make up things (especially you since you're the one in the sig). I find it very funny that you said that and 2 days later I find a user calling out KYF and trying to start yet another long boring argument that floods the site.
Ok, we're going to ignore the "kiss ass" because we've already covered that and start with the "(to me)". This is exactly what I mean by you acting exceedingly holier than thou. You perceive Numinous as acting and being this way, while very few others do at all. What logical process makes you think "these people who know him better than me are obviously wrong about him and my opinion of him is more right?"

You didn't say anything positive about KYF, right. Now, if I were to say something along the lines of "I consider myself an independent voter. I think both Democrats and Republicans are too entrenched and out-of-touch to represent the country. Also the Republicans are goddamned insane and would destroy the country if they were in charge," would you consider me as having more against the Republicans than the Democrats? Would you say that, relatively speaking, I favor the Democrats over the Republicans? Probably. So if I said that, would you generally consider it to be significantly more of a criticism of the Republicans? Now say I'm a former like, hard-line Democrat and I say that. Would you be fairly inclined to say that I probably support the Democrats on some level even with the earlier statement? This is basically a rough approximation of what's going on here. You can't just wipe all the bullshit you've said every other time you've posted on the board away.

Quote:
Now either talk about what we were talking about in the beginning or add Num on a social media site/program and kiss his ass there. Be sure to bow down to him on camera just to prove your inferiority too.
Which would be, uh, the argument that Numinous and KYF were having about whether Kurama's two halves were of equal power and whether either had been regenerating its opposite to compensate for the loss. Which was interrupted because you and MrBIG thought it was too flamey and mean. Because obviously no one is allowed to volley petty, ultimately meaningless insults back and forth at each other, they don't get to do that. The Mods should really be trying to crack down on people talking like normal goddamn human beings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (08-21-2013), kael03 (08-21-2013), Numinous (08-21-2013)