Fandom Forums - View Single Post - The Longest Thread Ever v28
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #83
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Eh, Bale's problem was that he wasn't a very good Batman. He was a great Bruce Wayne, at least the way I see it. He didn't have the style to really be a superhero, but he was better at acting like a real goddamn human being than most of the people who've ever tried Batman. He had the advantage of a phenomenal supporting cast and the disadvantage of some lazy ass writing.

That said, I can't say I really support an Affleck Batman. I mean, I'm sorry, but when you try to think of big hollywood actors plain and simply incapable of playing a legitimately imposing, threatening, badass goddamn character, he's like 1 step above Leonardo DiCaprio for fuck's sake. Two, at least of the ones I know of, a lot of Affleck's roles pretty much put him as a blue-collar dipshit. So we're looking at someone whose ability to play Batman is kinda in question, and someone who's potentially going to have a rough time of trying to play Wayne.

Now, in a Supes/Batman movie, the interplay between the two matters more than the development of each as, like, semi-realistic actual characters. So at least in this case, the Bruce Wayne doesn't matter as much. But the more they keep the human aspect of the heroes shoved aside for the superhuman, the more you risk making it boring as shit because no one actually gives a fuck about the motivations and such of any of the characters. This is where I think Bale's performance in TDK was lacking as fuck, since Bruce Wayne barely existed. It was all Batman/Joker/Twoface interplay, and Bale wasn't a good Batman. I haven't seen Man of Steel, but the few lines I've heard from Supes' actor were comically badly done.

My two cents.
The Following User Says Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (08-26-2013)