Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Naruto 644 For Real Ya'll
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #70
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,654 Times in 1,599 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Naruto 644 For Real Ya'll

@Spiegal and MR Bigs.

I personally think there is good reason for Kishi to explain how things happen in the manga. It certainly helps keep useless debates from happening, as people tend to try and fill in the informational black holes with their own theories. KYF comes to mind in this regard.

That said I agree there are better ways to do it then having the main characters take time out of their life and death battles to explain the shit directly. That's when you have a super smart side character step in and explain things to the audience in the form of a "thought bubble" to himself or explaining it to people standing directly around him. We've seen Zetsu do this exact same type of commentary in the sasuke/Itachi fight and it worked quite well.

A very good example of how it could be done better would have been for Shikamaru to have observed the situation and use his vast intellect to deduct the answer. It's not that hard for someone who can supposedly think 200 steps ahead to connect a few simple facts.
1) Minato is known for FTG and everyone seems to have been teleported in just that manner.
2) Minato is a Jink, and he fist bumped Naruto.
3) KillerBee is also a Jink and he has been seen fist bumping Naruto before, to use jutsu.
4) Everyone is also connected to Naruto via kyuubi chakra.

Shikimaru could have put it all together and delivered his conclusion to the reader in a very slick and informative way, and also have made himself still relevant to story. Instead we got panels of him commenting how he had no fucking clue what he should do next in order to hype up Naruto's and Minato's intelligence.

ask me anything is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
MrBIG (08-29-2013)