View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
MrBIG
Genin

MrBIG is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto 644 For Real Ya'll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
I think if you're this far into the story where there is a lot of shit going on then explain how techniques work would be stupid. I understand the fans (for this series in particular) need to have things like techniques and strategies explained in detail but that's something that's better left for databooks to explain. Plot progression would move along quite smoothly and story development would be that much better appreciated because we wouldn't be dragged back by everything little detail going on.

One Piece (for example) does an excellent job in this department. When random power-ups and techniques appear, Oda doesn't bother going into too much detail, at least not during critical times. This made memorable moments like the Water 7/Enies Lobby fights and Marineford War that much better.

Yu Yu Hakusho is another good example, the first half the series was much like Naruto in the sense that powers and techniques were explained but as the story got closer to the Dark Tournament minor details like that were minimized so that readers can enjoy the story more without any intermission that didn't deserve time apart to for certain plot events to be explained. Things like when Yusuke started getting demon powers did deserve time apart for an explanation which brought in a history lesson and tied the story better for that particular arc.

What this Naruto chapter did was literally a waste of pages. If they were going to take a break from the Minato/Tobirama/Naruto/Sasuke vs Obito fight it would probably make more sense to switch over to the Hashi/Madara fight or see what Orochimaru is up too, which can't be of any benefit for anyone else except for himself. That would be a more interesting intermission from the main fight.
I really do agree with you, some of these explanations are long for no reason and only drag out this manga. But in the case of Tobirama we really did need more information about him before he started fighting.

Literally this dude is second only to Hashirama, and from the looks of it created every jutsu known to man yet he died from an ambush?

I think Kishi should of just gave us a flashback when the first and second were talking to sasuke. We already got a glimsp of Hashirama's life, it would of made sense to have seen Tobirama's life and death.

It would of also fit in with the whole sacrificing yourself for your comrades/village notions that they were trying to convey to sasuke.
MrBIG is offline   Reply With Quote