Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
It's clear that KYF never played any games that involved PvP, or else he'd know that the first rule of PvP is to outlast the opponent and, to do that, Defense>Offense and the contrary can only be applied when a character has no proper defense mechanisms (the Glass Cannon paradigm).
Meh I agree & disagree. The idea of pure defense will always best pure offense is the mind set of many a noob. A balance of offensive and defensive skill is required to win fights. If one purely focuses on offense but lacks the ability to take a single blow then yes they will surely lose any fight against an opponent capable of landing said single blow. However someone who focuses souly on defense while putting little-no effort into offensive tactics will find it hard pressed to actually land that single blow. You need a balance of solid defensive ability while also being capable of swift, powerful, and decisive striking to win fights. But whats more important above all else is having the intellect to read your enemy's fighting style and adjusting your own style accordingly to counter his own.

PS: Just to point out it takes more skill to play a Glass Cannon than it does to play a turtling tank. Personally speaking a fancy myself a shield/sword type who focuses on offensive counter striking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
In the argument of speed vs power
Is such a dumb argument to begin with considering there are other factors which need to be taken into account. Just because an opponent is faster doesn't mean they have the ability to beat their opponent. Likewise just because someone is physical stronger doesn't mean they have the ability to beat their opponent as well.

The entire Minato argument is simply retarded to say the least. The manga has already proven that Minato can not hope to stand at equal footing with Hashirama or Madara. They simply put out class him.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 09-10-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote