Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #10
MrBIG
Genin

MrBIG is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Funny how HR completely ignored my post.

Wow, you're stupid. Agnosticism and atheism aren't exclusive terms, they are intersecting because they are answers to two different questions.
  1. (A)gnosticism answers to the question "do you KNOW there is/are god(s)?"
  2. (A)theism answers to the question "do you BELIEVE there is/are god(s)?"
So one can be an agnostic atheist and, in a matter of fact, most atheists ARE agnostic atheists.
Agnosticism:

"a person who does not have a definite belief about whether God exists or not"

Atheism:
"a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
b : the doctrine that there is no deity"

Not to mention once again you prove that you aren't capable of reading at all. You only see what you want to see.

What I said:

Quote:
Maybe you even fall into atheistic agnosticism.

If you did your research you would know that there's different types of atheisms. Atheistic people don't necessarily agree with each other meaning they hold different beliefs and is not at all a 100% logical thought.

Quote:
And if you actually did your research, you'd know that anti-theism =/= atheism, you'd reference spiritual atheism (some sects of Buddhism are atheistic by nature) and you'd know that the atheist community is more than aware that atheists hold different beliefs, but the lack of belief in a deity is a their common trait.

1. Just like it's possible to be an agnostic atheist, it is very much possible to also be an anti-theist and atheist at the same time.

Look into Positive/Strong atheism. They explicitly do not believe any deities exists.

2. My argument is that atheism is a belief. And you just agreed with me in this quote.

Quote:
Finally, the lack of belief in something can't be a belief by design, so stop calling atheism the belief it isn't.
You YOURSELF JUST CALLED atheism a belief. Lack of belief in something with no evidence to disprove or prove its case is in fact a belief.

Quote:
Also, you can't ignore the context kael is putting belief in (a religious/metaphysical one),
Religion for very long and still is for billions around a globe a provider in moral values.

This is the reason I brought up morals.

Quote:
And morality IS inherent to human beings, due to both evolutionary and social causes.
Couldn't be further from the truth. Now different moral behaviors is part of Darwin's evolutionary theory? what the hell?

So people with good morals are selected for while the ones with bad morals are eliminated from the gene pool????? You're evolutionary claim would mean that morals are genetic.

Evolution has nothing to do with societies ability to change its view points.

LOL it's funny how you use "societal causes" as base for your claim that morals are inherent to human beings. That doesn't make sense AT ALL.

Yes the society you are born in will shape your moral beliefs but in no way is a baby born with these beliefs already inherited from their parents.
MrBIG is offline   Reply With Quote