Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #107
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
@ bolded: You nailed the core problem with your whole explanation. If you don't have anything to back that up, why should anyone but your find worth in it? Not only that, what is the satisfaction of such explanation (other than comfort) if you have no way to make it even plausible?
At bolded.. personal beliefs only benifit the person that holds them. You may recall me saying this before but I'll say it again. no-one needs any cosigners whe it comes to beliefs.

At the basis of any religious beliefs is COMFORT and thats all it is. No matter how much science says there is no God I CHOOSE to believe in spite of the fact.. I am fully aware that this is irrational. But that belief gives me comfort. becaue once I remove God and the after-life out of the equasion life gets a lil bleek in my opinion.

Lets say I loose my job and my bills mount up. I would kill myself with worry if it wouldnt be for a belief in God that gives me hpe that things will turn out Ok. FAITH WITHOUT WORKS is dead. that glimmer of hope motivates me and keeps me pushing on and not falling into despair at the circumstances. Knowing that once I die thats it.. all my experiences were all moot is dismal in itself. So to answer your question of why peopel believe in spite of not being able to proove the existance of god is for Hope and comfort.

Because looking at the same scenario and thinking logically about not having a job and being behind in bills means no lights which means no way to eat , rent not getting paid means homelessness and no source of income means no way to get out of that situation.. which means one might as well give up. But Faith gives hope to endure.

So because there is no way to prove god exists ther would be no way to prove where he came from or where whatever or who ever made him came from.. so I explain it away with my religotheory. (hey I'm copyrighting that term)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
I'll just say this, and this has happened to everyone at least once in their life... every person has at least once exclaimed, "Oh God," whether in pain or enjoyment.

That said, HR and Mr. Big... you guys are barking up the wrong tree when it comes to atheism, agnosticism, and theism when it comes to guys like Num, kael, AOTK, and so forth. There once was a thread completely dedicated to the topic (did it survive the site crash???). If any of the guys have a "change of heart", they'll look for that answer or support of it. Otherwise, if your goal is to "open their minds/hearts", you're actually hurting your cause by the course you are pursuing.
I am at no time trying to convert anyone.. especially our resident athiests/ agnostics. I cant prove god exists and they demand proof so trying to convert them is moot. I can only tell them why I believe what I believe for everything can be asked why of it.

Why do I believe- because it gives me comfort

why when there is no evidence because it gives me hope

why. because without that said faith and belief I might have fallen prey to my circumstances; given up and died!
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote