Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #10
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Holy dingle berries batman. To many walls of text. Skipping all this shit, and replying to the only thing that interests me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Let's start with KYF: you know what I find it funny? The fact that you say "oh if you were around children, you'd know how little morals they have!" while still holding Freudian considerations as still true. Actually, KYF, I spend at least an afternoon a week with my nephew, who is 4 as we speak, and I know he isn't as selfish as Freud made toddlers out to be. Sure, he only developed most of his current morals with parenting, but he was capable of acts of selflessness and altruism even before fully understanding spoken language.

Not only that, I have read many papers and seen a few documentaries on the issue, and toddlers are capable of basic morality even when they're among other toddlers with minimal parental influence (like in a playground). So yeah, I do say Freud is wrong on that department and he has been wrong since the 90's (and since the 60's in female psychology and other issues).
As a father of 4, and uncle to many, MANY more, I concur. Based purely off my personal observations, children don't tend to be any more or less selfish then adults. If anything they are simply more honest and more inclined to act on their feelings then us adults who have learned to hide, lie, or suppress them over time. Especially the much younger kids.
Quote:
When you start using a concept, you parrot it like there's no tomorrow, even if you don't what the fuck you're talking about.
He seems to be infatuated with the term Contextomy here lately.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
kael03 (09-21-2013), ninjalostboy95 (09-21-2013), Numinous (09-21-2013)