Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
I've heard this notion/thought process numerous times, and I understand what you're saying. I, too, have an interest in the other mythologies. But the reasoning for my belief in Christianity is because of my personal experiences. That is why I stated this earlier:

Quote:
True believers in any religion believe because of their experiences (or lack thereof). People who are "raised" in religions usually aren't the practicing type and usually fall under the agnostic group.
This is pretty blatantly false honestly. Being "born again" does in no way make you more faithful or committed than someone who has been raised with religion, and it sure as hell doesn't mean you're more dogmatically committed to the ideas of religion. Early familial exposure and religious education has a much greater impact on one's self-identity and beliefs than any "born again" experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
xxMESTxx (10-08-2013)