Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #142
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
This is pretty blatantly false honestly. Being "born again" does in no way make you more faithful or committed than someone who has been raised with religion, and it sure as hell doesn't mean you're more dogmatically committed to the ideas of religion. Early familial exposure and religious education has a much greater impact on one's self-identity and beliefs than any "born again" experience.

There's a blatant and vast difference in "being raised in" and "choosing" any religion. I was raised in the Christian faith. I also decided to choose that faith as my own. If I wanted to, I could have walked away. And for your last sentence, it rings hollow with the majority of self-proclaimed "raised Catholics" across the world.

Edit:
I chose Christianity because of several near-death experiences in my... young adult days, some self-inflicted, others wrong place, wrong time. Having a person hold a gun to your face, pull the trigger, and the gun jam... yeah, that trumps just about any thing that I was raised on.

Last edited by jekyl_hyde; 09-23-2013 at 11:26 AM.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote