Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
Apparently you're missing the point. You've got your experiences, and from them, you've made your choice.

This is my opinion... a belief that I choose... if you think this life is it, based on what you just stated from your experiences, we all lead sad, pathetic lives. There was a meaning to you being the sole survivor in that crash. Maybe you've realized it, maybe you haven't. Because if this life is meaningless, what's the point?
Well, fuck you too. I never stated that we all live sad, pathetic lives. In fact, regardless of my accident I'm happy with life. I have a beautiful girlfriend I live with. I have a good paying job. I'm working on going to school for something I've been interested in for the past 20+ years. I don't believe that this life is pointless. I just don't fall prey to a system that automatically punishes you for being born, and expects you to kiss the ass of some imaginary person for something no one even knows exists.

Edit: this is one of the things I hate most about Christians in particular. They feel talk like they have a monopoly on happiness and the only way the rest of us can get in on it is to get on our knees before a figment of their imagination. Not just you, I've seen news reports that say atheists are more depressed or angry than people of faith, when its more like the opposite.

Last edited by kael03; 09-23-2013 at 04:19 PM.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-07-2013)