Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
liondemon
Missing Kage

liondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of lightliondemon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Debate: Speed Vs Power/Strength...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
Ok, let some mugger try to jump you, and in the tussle, pull a gun and have the edge of the barrel hit the bridge of your nose right between your eyes. Regardless of who you are and what you believe, all kinds of stuff go through your brain. And when the trigger is pulled, and your life flashes before your eyes, only for you to come to the realization that the bullet never fired, and the safety was off, do you honestly think you're gonna go, hey idiot, you should have maintained your gun more properly?! Get real man.
No, I honestly don't think that I would say that, and I never implied that you should have told the gunman to maintain his gun more properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
I never said that "bad" things don't happen to "good" people. What I did say/imply is that people are wronged, and in this life, rarely does justice happen. But I do believe that justice does/will occur, if it hasn't already been so. That because I believe in the soul of a human being. Once this body dies, something happens to the soul. That's why in Christianity there is the old saying, "Will you be born once and die twice, or born twice and die once?"
My point in mentioning that bad things happen to good people was to say that it would be foolish to say that God protected one person from something from which an immoral person is also protected. If God did not protect that immoral person, why could he have not protected that moral person as well? Shit happens, is my point, without God having to do anything.

And the fact that justice doesn't happen often enough should be proof enough that God is not dishing out punishments, nor is karma. God, karma, and everything else related are just pretty words and ideas that make people feel good about life in general. There's enough evidence in the world to show that praying doesn't determine nor influence whether good or bad things happen to people, and people suffer indiscriminately. The conclusion, based on what the bible says: no God. We are born once and die once.

Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Confucius

There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.
Charles Dickens

To be satisfied with a little is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not.
Akhenaton

It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
Epictetus

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf.
Walter Lippmann

Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.
Elizabeth Kenny

Last edited by liondemon; 09-23-2013 at 08:50 PM.
liondemon is offline   Reply With Quote