Fandom Forums - View Single Post - naruto_653
Thread: naruto_653
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #34
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: naruto_653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Considering ACt's first post in the thread and AOTK's, they both hit the nail in the head, that Naruto's speech would actually be good if it wasn't for the context it unfortunately is in.

But I have to point out my biggest issue that wasn't mentioned (at least directly) until now: Naruto's analogy with shortcuts and long paths would only make sense if Naruto at the first clue about his long path to begin with. Knowing where the finish line is doesn't by itself solve the problem of figuring out the correct path, much like Naruto himself ironically pointed out. So the analogy really sticks out as improper pretty much because Part II denied the very thing it instigated Naruto to do, solve the conundrum of shinobi and peace.
QFT!

While I rather liked the "there's no shortcuts to becoming hokage" speech, it seems like I've heard that somewhere before.

Here's some fun facts:

Obito was the reject of the uchiha clan that only got marginal respect because of his name.
Konohamru was a dumb little kid that was only respected for being the Hokage's grandson.

Obito lost his parents and those close to him.
Konohamaru lost his parents and later his grandfather and uncle Asuma.

Obito tripped and fell like the moron his is.
Konohamru tripped and fell on his face because he is a moron.

Added Bonus:
Obito's lack of confidence in his ideology, and failure to make eye contact, are exactly the same as Kakashi during Obito's own talk no jutsu session with him long ago.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote