Fandom Forums - View Single Post - naruto_653
Thread: naruto_653
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 03:35 AM   #38
Emissary of Justice
Resident Smartass

Emissary of Justice will become famous soon enoughEmissary of Justice will become famous soon enough
Re: naruto_653

Quote:
Originally Posted by emachina View Post
Oh, and by the way Naruto, this jackass killed your fucking parents. Going to bring that up at all? Hmm? No?
Seriously. That was some weird shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
if Naruto had actually lost people, especially friends, so he could actually stand there and say it was worth the cost. Yeah yeah, Jiraiya was pretty big but that was about losing a father figure. Neji was completely lame and that's pretty much it.
Not even knowing who his parents were or what happened to them until he was 16 isn't worth shit? Fine.

However, I say you're underrating both those deaths. Naruto was a huge inspiration for Neji. Hell, dude died protecting both him and Hinata. That's major turn around from the Chunin Exams. Additionally, Neji's plight was the first situation that prompted Naruto to desire to become Hokage for someone or something other than himself. It's why I've never doubted that Naruto would have an actual reign as Hokage instead of passing it to someone else or getting the honor posthumously. He's canceling that branch family business out personally.

Jiraya's death was much more beyond losing a father figure. He was Naruto's Godfather, last remaining family member, and the second person (Iruka being the first) who acted like he really gave a flying fuck about the kid and didn't shit on him. In Part I, Kakashi was the worst trainer I've ever seen the main character receive in well... anything. He taught Naruto how to walk up trees. That was about it. Everything else was about Sasuke. He treated Naruto even worse than he did Obito. Hell, Kakashi didn't even attempt to help Naruto with a single god damn jutsu until Sasuke was gone. He didn't even bother finding out the kid's element affinity until Part II. Jiraya was the first person to just really go, "You know what kid? Maybe you do suck so let's teach you how to not suck."

And Naruto still decided against killing Nagato after losing Jiraya, Konoha, Kakashi, and nearly Hinata. Obito lost Sakura Beta and lost it.

You will be missed.

Last edited by Emissary of Justice; 10-31-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Emissary of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Emissary of Justice For This Useful Post:
emachina (10-30-2013)