Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Shingeki no Kyojin 52
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #7
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 52

Yeah I was going to say something about that, but then there was the whole fact that Eren is different because he's the "coordinate" or whatever the fuck.

At the same time though, I don't think the author is going for "special child of destiny" or anything like that, more so that Eren just got lucky since whoever the coordinate is was based on luck (just the impression I got from Riener's surprise that Eren had it)- like, it manifests randomly. Or maybe it wasn't luck and was given to him by his father.... I guess that'd be pretty Naruto-ishy.

Also also also, there might be a difference between the titans that Eren controlled/the one's made from Connie's village, and the one's outside the wall, since the author went out of his way to have the character say something like: "all we know for sure is that most likely the titans that attacked us today were made from humans." Of course maybe they are just being rigorously logical/don't like the idea of it, but maybe it's a hint there's more to titans than that. Which could also mean Eren might only be able to control purely human-made titans (if there is such a distinction- also not to be confused with humans who can turn into titans and back). Also the monkey titan seemed like he could control the fuck out of those titans as well, so Eren doesn't seem too special.

Last edited by Scientia; 12-12-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote