Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Doctor Who
Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Doctor Who

It could have been done a bit different IMO. Like when the Doctor's little Cyberman friend died near the end, and gave him the final message about fixing the telephone. I thought for sure the Doctor would have come to the brilliant conclusion of patching the phone through the Tardis's main core, and sending a message of his own back through the crack to the timelords on the other side. Explain the situation and how dalek fleets were literally waiting to annihilate them if they came through, get a fix on their location in the alternate dimension they're in, and tell them he'll look for another weak spot somewhere in his universe to get them out from in a bit more discrete manor. Then they just turn their message off. See, all problems solved. Doctor eventually gets his people back (later), the residents don't have to die, and evil assholes everywhere have no reason to annihilate that planet anymore. Anticlimatic to be sure, but WAY more logical.

Additionally, once the Daleks broke the peace and everyone started invading the planet, what exactly was the disincentive for the Doctor to not just summon the Time Lords back? Seems like keeping the "status quo" was the only thing really stopping him to begin with, and once the Daleks, Cybermen, Weeping Angels (and other nefarious groups) threw peace out the window, the Doctor had nothing stopping him. He should have been like "Meh, I thought you guys knew better than to cross me?! Now you got to deal with a few billion of my people for your transgressions!!!".

/fuck yeah

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote