Fandom Forums - View Single Post - NOOOO!!!! SONY COPIED NINTENDO AGAIN!!!!(rev controller wanna be)
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 07:17 PM   #1
sheik
S-Ranked Shinobi

sheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enoughsheik will become famous soon enough
Exclamation NOOOO!!!! SONY COPIED NINTENDO AGAIN!!!!(rev controller wanna be)

Magic wand

PlayStation gamers are always looking for exciting new ways to control the onscreen action, but using a camera to track a player’s body movement has not worked reliably, admits Sony. The camera gets confused by other things in the room.

Sony’s new idea is to plug a webcam into the console, and give the gamer a handheld wand similar to a pocket flashlight. The wand has a battery, a few mouse-like buttons and several different coloured LEDs that can be switched on and off in various combinations.

By pressing the buttons and waving the wand towards the webcam, the gamer can click to shoot aliens, drag-and-drop images on screen and navigate menus.

The webcam is tuned to see only pure bright colours and map their motion in space, so it can ignore ordinary room lights. And if two people have wands with different coloured LEDs, they can play against each other.

Read about Sony’s gaming wand here (pdf format).

source: http://www.newscientist.com/channel/info-tech/dn7890

That was a article and I am so pissed! Why can't Sony stopping copying Nintendo! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess it is true. What nintendo create, Sony takes. I told you that Sony controller remote ad was eventally going to happen! Can they do something on their own? First Nintendo, then Austrailia, then George Foreman and now nintendo again!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to Typhoon_4434?
made by rasenganfox

sheik is offline   Reply With Quote