Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Is Ichigo related to the Shibas?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #9
KyoichiKanami
R.I.P Richard Pryor 12/1/1940 - 12/10/2005

KyoichiKanami is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakunoGaara
1 - We haven't been given an explanation for that just yet, so this question is open to speculation
We havent been given an explanation to why they have the same looks and everything, but really whats the first reason that some to your mind lol?

2 - I don't recall this part, but I remember Byakuya only said he'd used that other version of Senbonzakura on another person. I don't think he named who that was, and I don't think he said that Kaien had fought the law like Ichigo. He just observed that Ichigo had fought the law, not him. This is open to speculation as well, but I don't recall it being called out as Kaien directly.
lol this is going to be long. Ok this is from the manga chapter 167.
Ichigo: "I would definately fight that code"
Byakuya: [thinking] I see now. sees Kaien. The child's enemy from the beginning was not me. From the beginning he has been fighting the code of soul society. so similar to the man whose spirit was so free it was bothersome.
[saying out loud] Byakuya: "Kurosaki Ichigo...my sword has been broken bu your spirit of freedom"
sees Kaien again.

lol maybe everyone sees it their own way, but really, was just very obvious to me as him remebering Kaien and the similarities between them. I guess Kaien actually also fought the law of soul society or was against some of them. That could also be the reason why Byakuya hates Kaien so much, or thats what it shows in the anime when that episode where Byakuya fights Ganju and he realises he is from the Shiba family and says: "You are from the Shiba family, then I should have killed you" I think Byakuya thinks that Ichigo is a lot like Kaien. You have to admit its a bit obvious...lol

3 - Perhaps. But as we know, Uruhara used to be a captain, and we saw that Isshin has the symbol of Vice-Captains. That doen't mean that the Kurosaki and the Shiba are connected. For all we know, Isshin and Uruhara could have been captain and vice-captain. Once again, open for speculation
This is the weakest part in my theory. But if it was actually true (big IF) then this might actually be an important point. Im just trying to point out every possible thing which could indicate a relation

4 - Not nessecarrily. Any being with high spiritual pressure can become a shinigami. For instance, Hitsugaya wasn't in any noble family. But his high spiritual pressure allowed him to become a shinigami. Add to that, that he technically had to go to the academy. However, keep in mind we only know three of the spiritual Noble Families: Shihouin, Kuchiki, and Shiba. The Kurosaki could be an old Noble Family itself.
lol and thats my point.They don't have to be a noble family, but the fact that they do have spiritual powers in the family and that father was a shinigami, they might have actually be linked somehow to any other family in soul society. plus i doubt that kurosaki was a noble family, becoz if ichigo's name was known in soul society as Kurosaki Ichigo, and everyone was amazed at his power, I think SOMEONE would have recognised the name. My guess is that the name was changed when they moved to...earth. My point is, their family is spiritual and it is possible that they are related to the Shiba's who are another spiritual family. Just a though lol

I cant even read wat I wrote down now. Good luck being able to understand it lol. I tried my best
Okay. Thanks for responding, as I had hoped you weren't the type to post theories and never build on them.

1 - Well yes, but that's never truly a safe way to go unless more than one character notes their similarities. If we based all characters connections on appearance, Ukitake and Byakuya would be father and son, and Grim Jaw and Hitsugaya would be brothers :/

2 - Yes, but keep in mind that it seems the Shiba as a whole were rather rough and unorderly. I'm failry certain marrying someone from your own squad is as bad as marrying someone from Rukongai. I guess it is safe to assume that Byakuya was fairly compassionate before Hisana died, and we can time those events to long before we are introduced to Rukia and Kaien. So, I can assume that as two heads of a noble family, they would naturally clash about the marriages. I assume that Hisana died before Kaien married his wife, whose name escapes me, but it's safe to assume from the facts stated that they would clash.

3 - One thing I didn't consder but seems important is that Uruhara gave Rukia that gigai. This means that he quite possibly could have given Isshin one as well. I mean, no one sensed him, and Uruhara's gigai apparently kill the spirit force of a person. However, because his son was in danger, Isshih's thus forth hidden spirit force probably would have exploded in order to protect Ichigo.

4 - Well, it's possible, but as I said, they very well could be a completely seperate Noble Family, if that at all. It's true that he would have been known, but at the same time, it could have been from so long ago, that they were forgotten. My personal belief is that Isshin was some relative of Kaien himself (possibly father) who fled Soul Society (possibly with Uruhara and Yoruichi) and started a family here. And that somehow makes Kaien and Ichigo cousins or brothers or something. But that's just me. Anyway, it seems you're saying that because they had spiritual powers, they could be connected to any other family in Soul Society. However, I strongly believe that can be attributed to Isshin being a Shinigami. When he and Masaki did the bump, and Karin, Yuzu, and Ichigo were born, they all are, technically, half shinigami. Ichigo, being the oldest, must have coaught most of the spiritual power on his way out, and hid it away subconsciously. Pretty much all of your topics are speculation parts rathern than facts, but the way you've pointed them out really makes me wanna think about all this.

The Dai-Gurren Dan! Kicking reason to the curb and piercing through heaven!
KyoichiKanami is offline   Reply With Quote