Fandom Forums - View Single Post - do u think spirits and ghost are real?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #212
Corbenk
Kuchin

Corbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these partsCorbenk is infamous around these parts
Re: do u think spirits and ghost are real?

Rhi, that could simply be you forgiving the person. Meaning, even if you did not say that, you'd forgive the person in the same amount of time. I am probably wrong, but that is what it seems like.

About me being closed minded, I'm not. I am not denying any possible existence of spiritual being, I am simply saying that based on what I've seen, most people who have these encounters are simply fooling themselves. Scientifically, there have been no discoveries of "spirits", there are simply a series of messages sent from the brain to the rest of the body. Some ones being is simply the way their brain works and thinks.

I myself used to be VERY spiritual. I was in to the occult and all that shabang. I used tarot cards, rune stones and the like. I used to want so badly to speak to a ghost, just so I could be different from the others. So I could live like those I've only read about. Then one day, when reading some one's fortune, I realised how vague these readings were. Give me ANY teenager, I can tell you right now that:

-They will being going through a transition
-They have tough times ahead
-Things, people, are not always what they seem.

Now, I could have drawn some tarot or I could have taken into account that all people are constantly going through transitions. That all teens have hard times ahead of them. That during adolecense, people will often gain and loose friends at an amazing rate. Around this time I also realised that when I told a buddy he would have good luck, he did. Why? Because he thought he would. As such, he looked at things from an optimistic view.

[ie) John is being a little fuck and wont due his work. As such he is sent to a months detention and gets a failing grade in the class (for the over all average). In detention he meets Jane, Jane and John start talking and hit it off and two days later start going out! As a consequence of their persistant chatter they are both given another months detention.]

Now, because of his lack of work, john has a girl friend. Never mind the fact that he s failing. Never mind the fact that John used to go home at lunch to check if his mother was drinking and to detour her from doing so and now that he is not there at lunch she has been going on a four week binge. Never mind the fact that nobody has learned anything positive. John has been told that he is going to have good luck and ignores the problems and focuses of the good things around him!

I have found that the occult and spirits and all that are more psychological than "Magic". But hey, if you honestly believe that you have talked to a spirit, that is great, keep talking to them. However, be honest with yourself. Are they there, or do you just want them to be there?
Corbenk is offline   Reply With Quote