Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Any Death/Doom Metal Fans
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2006, 06:43 PM   #7
RNB
El Topo

Thanked 1,887 Times in 822 Posts
RNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the roughRNB is a jewel in the rough
Re: Any Death/Doom Metal Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
Dream Theatre eh? I'm not too fond of them myself. I do own two of their albums, including Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, which I have to praise as a good album. Or... at least it is respectable.
You need to listen to "Scenes from a Memory." It is their best album in my opinion.

Quote:
I do not fully agree with your statement about Opeth being Progressive Death though. Of course Mikael uses the Death grunts, but mweh - he uses it way too little to actually give it a real Death Metal feeling. He used to use it a LOT more on their first two, three albums. Although he did again use the Death grunt more on the Deliverance album. But this could, and probably should, be seen as a matter of different opinions.
He does do a lot of clean vocals in Ghost Reveries, but either way he is considered to be one of the best grunters and he is considered to be one of the best vocalists in Death Metal. I mean "The Drapery Falls" shows of his talent.

Quote:
But yeah - when all is said and done, we can only agree that we both listen to good music.
Yup, and it saddens me to see all my friends denying my music because of the vocals (only.) I rarely find people who like these types of music these days.

- Heraclitus
RNB is offline   Reply With Quote