Fandom Forums - View Single Post - Kidnapping
Thread: Kidnapping
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 07:44 PM   #2
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,665 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Kidnapping

What the hell sort of debate is this.

Quote:
So my question for this debate is what do you think is the cause of kidnapping/child abduction and do you think it is something that can be prevented or something we just have to deal with?
What people think the cause of child abduction is cannot really be the subject of debate, because it all depends on the person who's doing the kidnapping. I can't stand on a soapbox and say "PEOPLE DO NOT KIDNAP TEH KIDZ BECOZ THEY WERE MENTALLY SCARRED AS KIDZ LOL". Because that's the rationale behind many an infant kidnap. I also can't say "KIDS ARE NOT TAKENZ BECOZ OF A MAN LIKING CARROTS", because for all I know, there might be a man kidnapping kids because he... likes carrots. It's all in the individual. There's no right or wrong, or debate.

And all I'm going to say about this:

Quote:
do you think it is something that can be prevented or something we just have to deal with?
... is that noone thinks it's something we just have to deal with. That puts it on the same level as taking out the garbage. "Everyone has to do it, it's a fact of life".

"Oh, my kid's been kidnapped. Oh well, happens all the time. I'm sure the abductor just did it for the lulz".
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote