You all knew it was comming... ABORTION - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
«Artos»
Genin

«Artos» is an unknown quantity at this point
You all knew it was comming... ABORTION

I think its wrong because, although many would argue that a fetus is techically and legally not alive (not like i would care if the law says its alive or not), Your taking the life of a child before its even started. And its not humaine either, most abortions involve cutting the baby into pieces, and remember, this is at a stage where its nervous system is almost fully developed, so it DOES feel pain.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #2
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
lol....i knew it.....i'll wait for others to respond before taking a side....
but i'll throw in...

morals?..........
Old 01-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #3
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts
I'm pro-choice women should have a right to choose. If the woman was unable to care for the child due to financial problems what kind of life would that be for the child? Plus nowadays theres a new machine or something <dunno what it is called> which can see if your child is going to be mentally retarded or not, and guess what <i dont the name> but theres a group who wants to stop that from happening because it wouldnt be in the best interests for the already retarded. Can you believe that? <Mainly because of financial probems the group would suffer if there werent any retards> do you know what kind of life the mentally defunct live? unless your in a big family usually after the parents die the kid is sent to some hospital where they are mistreated constantly. If i was a women i wouldnt want the kid and i doubt any woman would. All the kid wold be is a big drain on your money with no reward. With a regular kid they reward you with accomplishments in life.

Co-Owner

Last edited by Matonly1T; 01-04-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Matonly1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
corbenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matonly1T
I'm pro-choice women should have a right to choose. If the woman was unable to care for the child due to financial problems what kind of life would that be for the child? Plus nowadays theres a new machine or something <dunno what it is called> which can see if your child is going to be mentally retarded or not, and guess what <i dont the name> but theres a group who wants to stop that from happening because it wouldnt be in the best interests for the already retarded. Can you believe that? <Mainly because of financial probems the group would suffer if there werent any retards> do you know what kind of life the mentally defunct live? unless your in a big family usually after the parents die the kid is sent to some hospital where they are mistreated constantly. If i was a women i wouldnt want the kid and i doubt any woman would. All the kid wold be is a big drain on your money with no reward. With a regular kid they reward you with accomplishments in life.

Wow, that is like saying we should abort all jewish people so they don't have to suffer discrimination. I am all for choices, but i believe you should make them for yourself. I am anti-abortiong.

On the other hand, I believe that you should have the freedom to choose when you die, if you want to commit suicide, you should be able to. I mean, it is YOUR LIFE. Now, if you tried to take someone else with you against their will, then I'd be against it
Old 01-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbenk
Wow, that is like saying we should abort all jewish people so they don't have to suffer discrimination. I am all for choices, but i believe you should make them for yourself. I am anti-abortiong.

On the other hand, I believe that you should have the freedom to choose when you die, if you want to commit suicide, you should be able to. I mean, it is YOUR LIFE. Now, if you tried to take someone else with you against their will, then I'd be against it
First of all i am jewish >were not inbreds = =< (i agree with you on your second paragraph)

Where the hell did discrimination come from? Infact most of jewish community is able to take care of the retarded due to the big families.

Discrimination

n 1: unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice

Co-Owner

Last edited by Matonly1T; 01-04-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:58 PM   #6
corbenk

Quote:
First of all i am jewish >were not inbreds = =< (i agree with you on your second paragraph)

Where the hell did discrimination come from? Infact most of jewish community is able to take care of the retarded due to the big families.

Discrimination

n 1: unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice

Good, we know you can use a dictionary now.

You claimed you should abort a retard because their lives end up terrible because of going to some home or shit after their parents die. How is that any different that saying we should abort all jewish people or some other race or group of people because they might receive discriminative remarks, be bullied, be excluded ect.. That is a crappy life to live, just as living in a mental facility is, but killing the child before it is alive is not the answer.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
Rockshmo
Vizual Assassin

Rockshmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'm pro-choice women should have a right to choose.
Ditto.

Though I think there should be a period of the development where it should be "illegal" to abort due to a developed brain/nervous system/etc. I'm pretty sure there is actually.. anytime after the first tri-mester (first 3 months). Though our Government doesn't think that should be the law across the Country so you have states like New York that allow it all the way up to the 9th month of development. So I guess that's what I was saying.. it should be illegal throughout the Country after the first tri-mester.

I don't care what you pro-life/anti-abortion advocates say.. scientific studies have proven that there are absolutely NO signs of life during the first tri-mester therefore labeling it "unliving."

Do you feel like you're taking a life away everytime you fry up some eggs and pile on the ketchup? I bet you don't, technically it doesn't make you any better than abortion clinics. Actually.. it makes you worse, you're "eating" an unborn creature. Think twice about what you stand for..
Old 01-18-2006, 10:46 PM   #8
flareofdragon
Hunter-Nin

flareofdragon is on a distinguished roadflareofdragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshmo
Do you feel like you're taking a life away everytime you fry up some eggs and pile on the ketchup? I bet you don't, technically it doesn't make you any better than abortion clinics. Actually.. it makes you worse, you're "eating" an unborn creature. Think twice about what you stand for..
Chicks only happen if a rooster mated with them. A little science there buddy. Otherwise they just lay eggs.

And fetuses aren't pests per say. Well, in the sense of children, yeah. But you do not go killing the children. A fetus is not living (before 3 months). Period. That means if the situation requires a person to abort, fine, as long as they are not in emotianal trauma (that can happen).

flareofdragon.deviantart.com

Last edited by flareofdragon; 01-18-2006 at 10:53 PM.
flareofdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:40 PM   #9
Rockshmo
Vizual Assassin

Rockshmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by flareofdragon
Chicks only happen if a rooster mated with them. A little science there buddy. Otherwise they just lay eggs.
I wasn't going for technical because.. well honestly I don't think many here could handle it. It was more of an example..

@kakashi1300: Don't discuss morals in this thread.. it has absolutely nothing to do with it because no one person's morals are the same. Do you think the KKK feels it's morally wrong to beat and kill African American's because of their color? Well if they did there sure wouldn't be a KKK. And stop quoting everyone for christ's sake.. you don't HAVE to reply to every single sentence in each person's post that disagrees with you..

Also sense when did this become an issue of whether you know you're pregnant or not.. True azumi149 just because the menstrual cycle is in delay doesn't mean the female is pregnant. There could be something else wrong.. like a cyst on an ovary or something else. BUT taking into the consideration if the female is under 18, doesn't want a child, and willingly has sex with a boyfriend, I'm sure if she was late on a period she'd be scared shitless and get it checked out.. Plus females don't just wake up in the middle of the night and puke their intestines out for a week straight out of nowhere..

Anyway back to abortion.. it pretty much comes down to personal opinions.. that's why there are pro-life activists and pro-choice activists. For one a female should have the choice to abort an unwanted pregnancy BEFORE the first tri-mester has ended. The only problem is a lot of girls will know they're pregnant but will be too afraid to come out and tell somebody due to pro-life activists who demean abortion and make it seem like a moral sin. Maybe if this didn't happen then young girls WOULD goto an abortion clinic and get the operation done instead of waiting untill it's too late, thus giving birth to an unwanted child. I'm pretty sure the world doesn't need anymore neglected Ed Gein's running around..
Old 01-21-2006, 07:18 AM   #10
kakashi1300
Kakashi's Eye

kakashi1300 is on a distinguished roadkakashi1300 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshmo
I wasn't going for technical because.. well honestly I don't think many here could handle it. It was more of an example..

@kakashi1300: Don't discuss morals in this thread.. it has absolutely nothing to do with it because no one person's morals are the same. Do you think the KKK feels it's morally wrong to beat and kill African American's because of their color? Well if they did there sure wouldn't be a KKK. And stop quoting everyone for christ's sake.. you don't HAVE to reply to every single sentence in each person's post that disagrees with you..
just want to defend myself, ok? first of all i'm not discussing morals. i was clearly illustrating the difference of conscience and common sense. and about the last part. LOL up to a million decibels. you have nothing to do with my conversation with others. we were discussing so many points that i need to defend every statement of mine. and no rule in this forum states that i have no right to quote everyone i like.

since someone is complaining about me, i'll just quote what's important. others are nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDreamer
My points aren't relevant? I'm sorry mr CONSCIENCE MUST RULE YOU!!! OH NOEESSS!!! boo. The entire point mostly I believe is the fact that you CANNOT prove when someone falls down the stairs on purpose or not. I REALLY doubt anyone would even take the time to take a case like that into consideration with an impossible to figure out case like that, unless you find some mind reader, becuase you need consent before you can take a lie detector test in the first place. And i may not know everything about the laws here and the way things work, but I'm not the one using them in a debate. =] tada.
what differentiates negligent homicide from murder? that's right, the intention to kill. why do we have to differentiate them? because murder is subject to reclusion perpetua or in worst cases, death penalty, while in negligent homicide only a lighter sentence. how do we prove the intention to kill? impossible? the principles on how they investigate the matter must also apply here. seriously personal consent or intention is not that impossible to prove.

Quote:
Well so technically a baby would not endanger the mother's life. But it will endanger the mother's life...in terms of her future =] tada...
just like i thought, you would say that. you really are sooo naive. i'm talking about the danger to the PHYSICAL LIFE of the mother, and not futures or anything. haven't heard about ectopic pregnancy? if you do then you know what i mean.

the basis of that added exception is this:
"The State recognizes the sanctity of family life and shall protect and strengthen the family as a basic social institution. It shall equally protect the life of the mother and the life of the unborn from conception ..."

Article II, Section 12 of the 1987 Constitution of the Philippines

off-topic: and fyi i got the correct spelling of mademoiselle. and why i used that? just felt like it. even if i'm not french i have the right to say that, since no law prohibits me to do so. and you seem to got fired up after my cute little line "which hit your pride". sorry 'bout that. i don't know you're too sensitive.

@darkaztek: i really admire the way you defend your points, so i have here another one and let me see what you're gonna say(this link might also be interesting not just for darkaztek but to any other pro-choicers out there):http://www.morningafterpill.org/whendoes.htm the most interesting parts are the myth-facts part.

Official member of the Tropang Tambayan

Join teh Official Prince of Tennis FC Now

ATP 2009 Season

Last edited by kakashi1300; 01-22-2006 at 08:06 AM.
kakashi1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #11
Makoto_Duke_War_IV
ANBU

Makoto_Duke_War_IV is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm anti-abortion... bet you think I was for it didn't you? But if the child has an un-curabile illness then I think that abortion is the only choise.

Midori Cache Aoi Cache Chairo Cache

Makoto_Duke_War_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:03 PM   #12
Matonly1T
ANBU

It has nothing to do with discrimination, would you want a mentally retarded kid? Its not discrimative. How is keeping these people from being born a wrong thing to do? some are in constant pain all their lives. Plus its not a child its a fetus

Fetus

n : an unborn or unhatched vertebrate in the later stages of development showing the main recognizable features of the mature animal

Child

n 1: a young person of either sex

and yes i can use a dictionary thanks for noticing

A fetus isnt a person its not Sentient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Duke_War_IV
I'm anti-abortion... bet you think I was for it didn't you? But if the child has an un-curabile illness then I think that abortion is the only choise.
If you had a choice when having a kid would you want a healthy boy or girl? or a mentally retard kid?

Co-Owner

Last edited by Matonly1T; 01-04-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:10 PM   #13
Makoto_Duke_War_IV
ANBU

Quote:

If you had a choice when having a kid would you want a healthy boy or girl? or a mentally retard kid?
Yes I would want a metally retarded child but if that child is born with out skin or skin that falls off from every bump, then I don't want them to live in pain.

Corbenks a woman?

Midori Cache Aoi Cache Chairo Cache

Makoto_Duke_War_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #14
Matonly1T
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Duke_War_IV
Yes I would want a metally retarded child but if that child is born with out skin or skin that falls off from every bump, then I don't want them to live in pain.

Corbenks a woman?

no i believe hes a "he" i was asking him as if he was a woman

Co-Owner
Old 01-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #15
Makoto_Duke_War_IV
ANBU

Quote:
no i believe hes a "he" i was asking him as if he was a woman
Sorry, I've been confused about corbenk's sex for the longest time