The NSA - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section

Debates Section Enjoy a good discussion? This is the place for you! Only knowledgeable discussions allowed!

Old 06-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
DarkAztek
Sand Man

DarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to allDarkAztek is a name known to all
The NSA

Nobody else is talking about this topic... So I figured I should make the thread. In case you are living in a box, the NSA has been spying on American citizens for a long time now. Here are a few articles about it.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/17/bush.nsa/
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...5-10-nsa_x.htm
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021901031.html

Basically, ever since 9/11, the phone companies have given their ENTIRE RECORDS over to the NSA, despite the fact that is ILLEGAL. The Bush Administration has talked about it a number of times with their wire taps without a warrant (another illegal activity). They said that it was only for calls to Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, etc. (Anywhere that is Muslim dominated. ...That kind of brings in the idea about Racial Profiling, don't it?)

Then they said it was just for any calls outside the country. Apparently, that is a complete load of malarky. Turns out that they look at and tap a LARGE AMOUNT of calls in the country. And no, it isn't just between suspects. They even check up on the number of boys that Suzie talks to.

They claim that an invasion of privacy is necessary in order to protect the rights of our citizens. Ain't it funny how we violate our rights in order to protect them? If the US Government itself is breaking its own laws and STEPPING ON the rights we are supposed to be protecting, then doesn't that make the current administration just as bad as the terrorists?

Yes, this opinion sounds extreme, but it's a fact. Please debate.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/HookerBodyShots/shark.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[center][b]Filler content[/b][/center]
DarkAztek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The NSA

Bush did it without asking didn't he? Kinda screws our system of checks and balances doesn't it? GG Bush.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #3
diane_cheeze
ANBU

diane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to beholddiane_cheeze is a splendid one to behold

so the NSA does exist??! i just read Dan Brown's book on them... and was wondering if they really exist..now i know they do... this i a real good debate...
i think it is a good way to protect citizens as u will b able to find out things easily by evesdropping.. however, it is an invasion of privacy.. but sometimes, extreme things have to b done in order to prevent bad things from happening..
if they did not invade privacy, who knows the number of bad things that may have occured?

diane_cheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:43 PM   #4
Sakatsu
Jounin

Sakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really niceSakatsu is just really nice

Seems as though the government is off its rocker:

With the lies and twisting of information and using fear to get what they want (I mean come on look at the nation alert system its always either orange or red), all the lies of the NSA, dumbing down our nations next generation by a continually growing number of banned books and materials deemed unsuitable based on what they feel is right, purposely not teaching certain lessons so corporate companies can benefit and take advantage of people.

Didn't our founding fathers made the constitution in a way so that the people had the power and when their elected officials did wrong that they had various ways of getting rid of them or even to the extreme of barring arms and make things right again?

But when the government gives the people 13 different versions of the story over time, its just wrong.

So this whole NSA is yet another twist of lies to feed the public so it can scamper away and not get punished.

The current administration IS SO BAD I CAN BARELY STAND IT.

And the NSA goes all wrong about this even if it is soooo illegal and against civil rights, they shouldn't be eyeing every single muslim and middle eastern religious believer with hate, it reminds me of World War II when American Japanese people were hated (even if they were born in america and lead american lives and have never been to japan), they went further by rounding them up and putting them "holding facilities" aka camps (not death camps).

I'm sure that any person even if they were born in america and practice any sort of middle eastern religion are looked down upon and discriminated alot more now than before 9/11.

What are we gonna do? Perhaps we should keep a look out for people who display strange behavior and not on their religion or what they look like or skin color or whatever. Because even I can pick up a gun and I'm not black or hispanic or middle eastern looking and do the same damage as well as anybody else, sure of course either some sort of event, stress or trauma would make me display strange behavior before I would go and shoot up anybody.

And spying on people's conversations certainly shouldn't be happening in the first place. Justice must be served and the people punished for violating civil rights of americans and anybody else that they wrongly accuse based on their skin, religion or prefences or whatever.

so I agree with Dark Aztec and shadowwolf on their views of this matter.
Support Local Music!

No infraction without representation, biotches!1!

This is the Symphony of the Damned.

Knowledge Is Power!
Sakatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:03 PM   #5
LonelyNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakatsu
Seems as though the government is off its rocker:.
when aren't they? if Bush is spying, i'll give him a nice "F--K YOU!" over the phone. honestly, i wouldn't put it past him!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
GAma_Oyabun
Special Jounin

GAma_Oyabun is an unknown quantity at this point

oo, i heard about this a while back...seems pretty interesting , but i have a coupla friends that are die-hard bush supporters...they dont seem to mind, i guess they believe he's doing it for their own good

FC's
owner of the Village Brawl fc ^^-----LIKE RPGS??? join Village BRAWL FC>..the original rpg fc

member of the Fruits Basket Fc
GAma_Oyabun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
Shikamaru_IQ
Free Lancer

Shikamaru_IQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAma_Oyabun
oo, i heard about this a while back...seems pretty interesting , but i have a coupla friends that are die-hard bush supporters...they dont seem to mind, i guess they believe he's doing it for their own good
Interesting? What are you talking about?

This action by the NSA should not be alowed shouldn't even of been brought up. It's privacy, it's like Bush making love to his wife and they should it on TV to the rest of the world.
They lost there mind you can't keep track of phone calls, it brings up problems. People are gonna get mad and start killing.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru_IQ
Interesting? What are you talking about?

This action by the NSA should not be alowed shouldn't even of been brought up. It's privacy, it's like Bush making love to his wife and they should it on TV to the rest of the world.
They lost there mind you can't keep track of phone calls, it brings up problems. People are gonna get mad and start killing.
Well, Bush supporters usually only support Bush because they believe he is stopping terrorists from invading their homes and decapitating their children.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #9
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

You want to know somethign quite interesting: The NSA packet snifs (packets are the Internet Protocal carriers of information). They essentially see what you do on the internet. Curious to who is doing this? The commie AT&T giving it to the NSA.

Here's what you should do: Start --> Run --> cmd --> tracert (website) and see if it goes through AT&T and then a strange thing.at&t. I suggest watching the part of the episode that is latest on dl.tv.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgrease
You want to know somethign quite interesting: The NSA packet snifs (packets are the Internet Protocal carriers of information). They essentially see what you do on the internet. Curious to who is doing this? The commie AT&T giving it to the NSA.

Here's what you should do: Start --> Run --> cmd --> tracert (website) and see if it goes through AT&T and then a strange thing.at&t. I suggest watching the part of the episode that is latest on dl.tv.
weird thing been happening relating to at&t, occasionally when I try to come to narutolounge I get some at&t website instead o.o>? is that related In anyway or do I have adware?

Co-Owner
Matonly1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:05 PM   #11
Freshgrease
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Thanked 1,005 Times in 546 Posts
Freshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to allFreshgrease is a name known to all

AT&T wants your soul and your cash. That is why.
Freshgrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #12
Shad0w_Hunter
Hunter-Nin

Shad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enough

Personally...i think out government is just out to screw us over any way they can without us knowing. And if we find out they make up some bullshit about how it's to protect our rights...

My Fanfictions:

My groups:

Co-owner:
Hatake Kakashi FC
Hyuuga Hinata FC
Shad0w_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:41 AM   #13
uchiha`itachi

the government at this time is totally not organize and also a bunch of hipocrites (m/s) they say one thing then another or like invade a lot of ppl's privacy its was surpising wen i heard about what they r doing to they can protect us i mean they only get phone records thats all instead of the actually phone call if that was the case they dear lord they must have a freakin tower filled with recording machines. i don't think its right what they r doing even if they r protecting us i mean the public should at least vote in making that decision it will be like an election but for ur privacy. but then again the government will turn their backs and still do it since they r going hey wired for the past yrs. and bush trys to be a good president but he can't full fill. like he tries to do good but it jjust gets worst.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #14
Naru-rin
Genin

Naru-rin is an unknown quantity at this point

They're the freaking government. They might actually have a tower of recording machines. By the way, have you heard of Net Neutrality? That might be a bit more help, freshgrease. I didn't really follow your post.
Although, I can understand why they'd get all of our records.
If someone's records were showing a particular pattern, and they were calling....Some country where a known terrorist resides..It would seem kinda shady, right? BUT, they might just be calling a relative or friend...

FCs:
Member of:
The Urahara Kisuke FC(owner)
The official 4kids haters FC
Akatsuki Leader FC
The Kon FC
The Naruto's overly obsessed FC

Naru-rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #15
DasBones_665
Genin

DasBones_665 is an unknown quantity at this point

bbbuuuhuh......

god the rules are being broken and NOONE seems a give a flying fuck

lol thats why at the end of every phone call i say GO FUCK YOURSELF BUSH!

but seriously this is just plain wrong, or privicy just got kicked in the nuts (this is assuming you privicy has nuts)

BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!

Don't jump to conclusions.

Facts are facts.

Theories are opinions mixed with facts.
DasBones_665 is offline   Reply With Quote