Realistic Graphics in video games, problem? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Gaming

Gaming Talk about your favorite video and pc games and console in this section!

Old 06-25-2006, 03:39 AM   #1
LittleAtari
Genin

LittleAtari is an unknown quantity at this point
Realistic Graphics in video games, problem?

A couple of years back when Final Fantasy X came out and then Resident Evil (for the game cube) i was syked to see such awesome graphics in video games, but recently with the new systems comming out, I've been starting to think...Do i want video games to look like real life? Think about it for a moment. At first we're like hell yea better graphics is always better, but don't you feel that once they start makin all video games look real it'll be like, watever? Will video games lose that special air around them that says, "New word"? I mean we already are starting to see in game advertising, will be start seeing: The Legend of Zelda, starring, Orlando Bloom; Tomb Raider, starring, Angelina Jolie; Final Fantasy 14 , starring, Elijah Wood?

I always like video games b/c they we're unique. To me i've always collected my knowledge from different things and video games went under a separate catagory b/c they were different.

I don't no, tell me what you guys think.

^^Click for Best Webcomic on earth

^^CLICK IT FOR FREE ANIME

Yugioh: The Abridged Series
LittleAtari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
Ronen
Elementian warrior.

Ronen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Realistic Graphics in video games, problem?

Hmm what you say is very true, but I think as long as there are unique stories to tell and awsome gaming it won't matter what the graphics are, good or bad.

Hinata-Sweet
Yami-cute
Satoshi kun-soul brother
Farmerko-cool as hell so deal wit it
xXGaaraXx-A fsking awsome sig maker
Ero-He learns from me.
Yoru-ORO?
Waltz-My mentor
Mizu-Freindly
Big 'S'-sprite giver
Little D.A-fun to be with.
Co-owner of Resident evil FC
Ronen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts

all is lost when a movie and a video game are the samething, I mean these days all the movies that come out are lousy or rehashes = = and movies based on video games and vice versa.

Co-Owner
Matonly1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #4
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Eh? Playable movies wouldn't be so bad. Besides, the game creators wouldn't have to take an actor and make their characters face based off of them. They would just model the characters face with their imagination.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
kazu_chan
ANBU

kazu_chan is an unknown quantity at this point

True that a game gets ruined when a movie gets out abt it, espicially when real actors act in it but hey to me a game, a rpg game is all abt the story and it doesn't matter whos plays the parts, as long as the story is orignal and interesting.
But I got to say I don't think starring anyone will be happening anytime soon or ever. I mean think about it, these problems that we are looking at now are the same opinions of most gamers aroudn the world and I think the game producers would think abt that before makign any changes.

<<--ROFL rite..<This is ladies and gentlemen what we call abusing your mod powers effectively LMAO>
kazu_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
Miburo

I don't think there's much to worry about. I have no doubt that you'll still be busting out Thundaga IIIs on your monster-like foes a few years from now. Except it's just going to look a lot nicer and your character will look like a real person.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #7
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Playable movies? Meh, we've had those since MGS came out.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #8
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

^Lol, true. But I meant that it would look like a movie (or, really realistic) cept you could play it. And still, MGS4 is around there :P
Old 07-10-2006, 12:09 AM   #9
uchiha`itachi

me personally i don't like it wen ppl make movies of a game i jsut don't like it. doom a stupid movie is was suppose to resemble doom 3 it sorta didn't come close to it. then. tomb raider it was descent. but orlando bloom playing as link and FF14 staring elijah wood dear gosh i will barf to see that. i perfer on the console better
Old 07-10-2006, 12:30 AM   #10
taelmx
WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!

taelmx is an unknown quantity at this point

The video gmae industry has been making crap lke real life from the beginning, with titles such as ET, and the GB games that were based on movies. There will always be new worlds in gaming, because cloning the real world would be just boring now wouldn't it? In the future we will be seeing video games which are like the matrix, except that it won't be just the same old world, it will be a totally new world, and I don't think the would allow as high of a pain frequency to induce vomiting blood or dieing. It will be fun.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:41 AM   #11
xXmagnesiumXx
'光和雨

xXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enough

looking real is ok. just as long they also keep some fantasy like atmosphere. like keep it all looking like kingdom hearts. luved the graphics in that.
xXmagnesiumXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:12 AM   #12
inosaka
Hunter-Nin

inosaka is an unknown quantity at this point

some games would be pretty cool with real life graphics nad yet some will look plain stupid
Old 07-12-2006, 11:33 PM   #13
Crazy_Fox
Genin

Crazy_Fox is an unknown quantity at this point

i like the totally awesome graphics but maybe they're too good Killzone 2 was banned temporaily for being too realistic but when they found out all games are going to start being that real they let it go so it can be good or bad i guess

Take the Naruto character test!

Take the Bleach Character Quiz!
Crazy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote