Dirty Chinese Food? - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:03 AM   #1
GaaraOfTheDeathSand
Missing-Nin

GaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura about
Dirty Chinese Food?

well i dont know where this should go so dont yell at me...
okay my friend told me that his uncle said that some chinese food restaurants use dogs and cats as their meat... when the inspectors come in to check their food they use chicken but anytime they can get away with it they use cats or dogs.... i wana know do u think this is true? im not trying to say that the chineses' ways are disguisting but this is what i heard
GaaraOfTheDeathSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:05 AM   #2
The Assassins Curse
The Coffee Man

The Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the roughThe Assassins Curse is a jewel in the rough
Re: Dirty Chinese Food?

....Cat and dog meat....That is not right....I'm never eating chinese again *goes back to hell*
Old 07-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #3
ShinobiKnight
Silberner Held

ShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really niceShinobiKnight is just really nice

Real Chinese people do, but only because their country is so full meat is more scarce than in other countries. As for Chinese resteraunts doing that, lots of people discriminate against the Chinese. I wouldn't be surprised if some racist started that rumor.

ShinobiKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #4
GaaraOfTheDeathSand
Missing-Nin

GaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura aboutGaaraOfTheDeathSand has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiKnight
Real Chinese people do, but only because their country is so full meat is more scarce than in other countries. As for Chinese resteraunts doing that, lots of people discriminate against the Chinese. I wouldn't be surprised if some racist started that rumor.
well my friend said that his uncle went to china and they showed how they make chinese and they sometimes use cat/dog meat... maybe he started to think that chinese food restaurants in other countries do that... personally i dont believe him but they did say on the news that ONE chinese restaurant tried to do that and they used ALOT of sauce to cover the taste but its still only one

nelson@ i agree with u... maybe his uncle just tried drawing attention and tried to make himself feel smart or he just hates chinese and wants others to hate it too
GaaraOfTheDeathSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #5
nelsonkong
S-Ranked Shinobi

nelsonkong is an unknown quantity at this point

no way...never come across this...oh well in Malaysia...but cat and dog meat taste differently from chicken tho...not easy to get away with it.

In china...it is actually legal to eat dog and cat, so, don't think people will be trying to substitute chicken with them. And in other countries...it is almost impossible...i bet chicken meat are much more cheaper than getting those...

So, it is a no way. Kicks that stupid who said that.

Ma Sis : Sakatsu, Bubblezio
nelsonkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #6
Aburame-Shino
Missing-Nin

Aburame-Shino is an unknown quantity at this point

guys think about it, do you really think that "chicken" they use really taste like chicken? I mean in China , no doubt they use cats and dogs. But in US the only way a stray cat or dog can pass a chinese restaurant is while riding a motor scooter and an UZI in their hand. (they'll be taken and used as meat)

i got this off a college student's web page, it was an assignment or something

http://students.ou.edu/B/Merideth.R....-1/story1.html

The urban legend that St. Bernards are being raised for food in China is coded as true on the snopes Web site. This story fits into my whole idea of urban legends because this is a myth that I have heard often; in fact, I was shocked to know that it was true. Several European newspapers and agencies credited reporters in Beijing in various articles about the truth of St. Bernards being used as food. SOS St. Bernard Dogs, a group in Switzerland, has gathered over 11,000 signatures to convince their government to protest China's use of St. Bernard dogs as food.

Last edited by Aburame-Shino; 07-04-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Aburame-Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #7
nelsonkong
S-Ranked Shinobi

nelsonkong is an unknown quantity at this point

i heard of plenty dirty/strange "food" stories...but never heard of substituting chiken with cats or dogs..@.@...lol

Ma Sis : Sakatsu, Bubblezio
nelsonkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:58 AM   #8
typhoon_4434
Missing-Nin

typhoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these partstyphoon_4434 is infamous around these parts

sounds stupid

why would they waste more money on dogs and cats
I mean really, completely stupid.

I also concur with Nelson
typhoon_4434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:06 AM   #9
Oishi-desu
Genin

Oishi-desu is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, yes why don't we all go out and buy dogs and cats and butcher em, much better than chickens eh? pfft who in their right mind would roast a dog...or a cat

HELP THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT FC BECOME A REALITY!
Oishi-desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:18 AM   #10
shadowclone
Genbu

shadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really niceshadowclone is just really nice

Well i've to alot of chinese restaurans and what never saw dog or cat on the menu. The ignorance of some people -_-. Anywho, i like to generally sample a little of everything. I like salt and pepper squid, steamed chineese brocoli....damn now i want chinese food >_< =P

So true.

shadowclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:20 AM   #11
Azumi
유아쿨입유캔리드디스

Location: In the land of rubbershoes and dirty ice cream... ;o)
Azumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really niceAzumi is just really nice

err... i havent tried chinese foods (only noodles and siopao)

but it was a great issue here before that some restos were using cat meat in siopao... *eewww*

I LOL'D.
삳 압. 유 아 이스투피드.
Azumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #12
_hinata_
Special Jounin

_hinata_ is on a distinguished road

Naw, sometimes they dont tell you that you're eating cats' or dogs' meat.. o.O;; But yeah, not so much in Malaysia or Singapore, but more in China because there's not enough supply to feed every person living there. Gee, not just cats and dogs, crows and other stuff too... >.>

People used to joke around, saying that if you dont find cats or dogs in the streets of China, that's probably because they've been butchered, cooked and eaten... o.O
<3 <(".<) <3
_hinata_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #13
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

In China, they cook scorpion like cooking satay.

They sucks on fresh monkey brain.

They eat bears feet.

They eat ant eaters.

Practically, they eat anyting.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #14
Ero
//Sin\\

Ero has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura aboutEro has a spectacular aura about

is your friends uncle a redneck? (just askin )

no, im pretty sure that chinese restaurants (here and in hk anyways) don't use dog or cat meat, firstly because its pointlessly hard to acquire, secondly because its too tough and stringy.

Maybe somewhere in the far reaches of GuangZhuo or Northern China (where meat and food is scarce) but definetly not in cities, or anywhere in America.
Ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #15
Shad0w_Hunter
Hunter-Nin

Shad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enoughShad0w_Hunter will become famous soon enough

It's not true *rolls eyes* i've been to many a chinese resturaunt, hell i've BEEN to china, where I ate much chinese food. Not once did my chicken resemble anything different than chicken. I believe that dog/cat meat would have a different texture than chicken. Chicken is very tear apartable...if you know what i mean...it's dry. I'd imagine that dog and cat would be too rough to pass off as chicken. They are more active hunters with bodies built for speed and mobility. Chickens...notsomuch. So i'd say that it would be fairly obvious if you were eating a dog instead of a chicken...

My Fanfictions:

My groups:

Co-owner:
Hatake Kakashi FC
Hyuuga Hinata FC
Shad0w_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote