Photoshop Mouse - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Computers

Computers Need help with a problem, or just want to talk about computers? Then this is the place to do that.

Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts
Photoshop Mouse

I'm coloring in Photoshop, and I go to use the lasso. I move the mouse, but the cursor just sits there. It moves a little bit, sometimes; but then stops again.
This happens continously. It's not dirty, i have the kinda mouse with the laser on the bottom, and my mouse works perfectly on my browser, on my desktop, and everywhere else except photoshop.

I closed the document, which was a manga page, and now my mouse works fine. I open it back up again, and the mouse works on the background area, but not on the document. Anyone know what's wrong?

1.14.20.9 - 14.15.15.2|hope to be more active...

yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshitoshi//yoshi toshi
YoshiToshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #2
2xHelix
Genin

2xHelix is on a distinguished road2xHelix is on a distinguished road
Re: Photoshop Mouse

i'ved had weird problems w/ the cursor and mouse in photoshop and usually restarting photoshop and/or my comp usually fixes them
Old 07-20-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

You got a lot of ram? Maybe you're lagging. lol
Old 07-20-2006, 09:51 PM   #4
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

YoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these partsYoshiToshi is infamous around these parts

@2xHelix: Yea, restarting it worked.

@ninja48:
Gateway
GT5032
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 4200+
2.20 GHz, 896 MB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

That's what it says. I had to look up a tutorial on how to check RAM. lol Though, i don't know how much RAM is alot or not. :/
I know i have alot of memory space....

Old 07-21-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Ninja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to beholdNinja48 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha1412Toshi
@2xHelix: Yea, restarting it worked.

@ninja48:
Gateway
GT5032
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 4200+
2.20 GHz, 896 MB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

That's what it says. I had to look up a tutorial on how to check RAM. lol Though, i don't know how much RAM is alot or not. :/
I know i have alot of memory space....
Oooo, Athlon 64 is nice.
Hm. Your mb's of ram is a rather strange number. You have... one 512 stick, one 256 stick, and one 128 stick (or, two 64 sticks)? Well, it's not a bad amount of ram. 512 is standard in home PC's, 1024 is average in gaming.

But uh hmmm. I have 1024mbs of ram, and I still lag and crash in photoshop. So, I suppose its your ram. Does this sort of thing always happen with your mouse in photoshop?
Old 07-21-2006, 06:11 PM   #6
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

No, it's almost never happened before.
And I hardly ever lag... seeing that Photoshop is probably one of the only software that I have, due to no computer gaming.

(besides golive, illustrator, imageready, and all those other adobe software)

Old 07-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #7
Ninja48
48 Cypherin' Ninjas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha1412Toshi
No, it's almost never happened before.
And I hardly ever lag... seeing that Photoshop is probably one of the only software that I have, due to no computer gaming.

(besides golive, illustrator, imageready, and all those other adobe software)
No, I meant does your mouse stop working at a certain point at certain times, every time?

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/systemreqs.html

You should have enough ram to run photoshop. It's probably a glitch within photoshop. Just redownload/reinstall.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #8
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja48
No, I meant does your mouse stop working at a certain point at certain times, every time?

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/systemreqs.html

You should have enough ram to run photoshop. It's probably a glitch within photoshop. Just redownload/reinstall.
This is the first time this has happened, and I didn't download photoshop.
I bought it. I bought the student edition of photoshop, which includes golive, illustrator, imageready and all those...
So i can't redownload, and i don't have the code thing, because my brother got that for me and installed PS CS2 for me.

And I have 898MB of RAM, so that's not a problem.
And I have 183 GB left on my C drive, so that's not a problem either.

But it hasn't happened again after i restarted, so it was probably just a little bug.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:28 PM   #9
Matonly1T
ANBU

Matonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these partsMatonly1T is infamous around these parts

good amount of ram. what did you start out with? 2gigs is the best

Co-Owner
Matonly1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:57 AM   #10
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matonly1T
good amount of ram. what did you start out with? 2gigs is the best
Start out with...?
What does that mean?
I bought it the way it is. lol

At least, i'm PRETTY sure I bought it like that. O_o;

Old 07-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #11
xXmagnesiumXx
'光和雨

xXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enough

im sure it was just lagging. restarting works
xXmagnesiumXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:42 PM   #12
xXmagnesiumXx
'光和雨

xXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enoughxXmagnesiumXx will become famous soon enough

it's normal i think, because my photoshop lags once it's on for more than 4 hours straight
xXmagnesiumXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:03 PM   #13
ryanisc001
jaxonsmybitch001

ryanisc001 is on a distinguished roadryanisc001 is on a distinguished road

photoshop a pretty big file,.. it all depends and your ram i think photoshop runs on 700 mb of ram so unless you have a super computer its likley photoshop will lag ever once and awhile
Old 07-21-2006, 07:36 PM   #14
YoshiToshi
YoshiToshi say grawr.

But it isn't lagging; because only when i opened the document, it doesn't move. It moves perfectly fine everywhere else.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:46 PM   #15
taelmx
WHAT TIME IS IT?!?!

taelmx is an unknown quantity at this point

I hacked my computer to have up to 5 gigs of memory, but it acually works better with 4gigs, and try shutting down the program(ctrl+alt+del) called "ps2". If your mouse doesn't work after that, try restarting ps2 by using the keyboard to navigate. Then try shutting down 'mousekeys", which can be accessed from the control panel ---> accesibility options.